why am I having trouble having tablet find my Bluetooth devices

Mike Fellows

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 has Android 4.4 kitkat. it appears to have difficulty picking up Bluetooth Devices.
it took days of scanning to finally find my Beats (Pill) Bluetooth speaker it is working fine but as stated took days of scanning to discover it.
I also have Sylvania 32" Bluetooth Sound Bar (model SB323) and after days of scanning still won't find or discover it. I have a couple of other
Bluetooth devices same thing won't find them after numerous scans to locate. I have only managed to find and pair my Beats Pill. anyone with some advise or experiencing similar problem let me know. I have a new Samsung Galaxy S5 cell phone and it finds them all in record
time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sometimes wi-fi can interfere with Bluetooth--does it help if you turn off wi-fi temporarily while the tablet is searching?

Otherwise, it may be a defect. Is the device still under warranty? Contact Samsung for repair or replacement.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You are making the devices discoverable before searching for them, aren't you? (Sometimes you overlook something obvious.)

Mike Fellows

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
once I turned off the WiFi and did a scan in Bluetooth it found my Sylvania 32" Bluetooth Sound Bar. Paired it up and it is working when I stream music to it from my Tablet. One thing I noticed was the sound is distorted but if I turn the WiFi off it is fine. I did notice in reading some of the
other forum problems that a couple of others were complaining of the same thing. not sure if a fix is in the works but you obviously can't listen to music thru a Bluetooth Speaker and surf the web using WiFi at the same time.......bummer

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your router dual band (i.e., 2.4/5 GHz)? If so, try using the 5 GHz band, since Bluetooth shares the 2.4 GHz band.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I use jaybird bluebuds x Bluetooth headset and it works fine over 2.4 wifi.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

aniljay

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I too am having no success connecting my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 find my newly purchased SONY SRS-X3 Bluetooth speaker. My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is able find the SONY SRS-X3 alright, but this GTP 8.4.is not able to. GTP 8.4 was,however, able to easily find a "bem" brand HL2739B Bluetooth speaker, just like the Note 4 did. I tried your suggestion also of turning off of the WiFi with no success. :(
I am not sure where or how to find if my router is dual band. I will just be happy if the GTP 8.4 will connect with the SONY speaker, with or without the WiFi connection.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

UPDATE >>> UPDATE >>> Sorry folks. Problem resolved.
The above was posted too hastily. Had to make the SONY speaker detectable also, which for some reason I did not have to with the Galaxy Note 4. Oh well. It works and I did not have to turn off WiFi either. Problem solved. Thanks. :$

Last edited:

Bubuhubba

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth not finding SRS X3 Sony speakers on Samsung Tab A

How can I fix the issue of pairing my Sony SRS - X3 speakers with my Samsung Tab A, when the Tablet cannot see it in Bluetooth settings.

Roderic Jones

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I have just had a similar problem and after a lot of techie experimenting I have found a simple solution. I just purchased a Bluetooth headset and paired it to my phone (HTC M8s) with no problem. It would not pair with my Galaxy Tab S! The problem is that the headphones will only connect with one device at a time. If you leave "Bluetooth on" on the phone the headphones will not be discovered. Turn the phone off for a short while and you can pair the headphones with a second device. Then you can turn on the phone with Bluetooth so that it can be used in your car.

Michael Tyler

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
My problem was forgetting, even after pairing some devices a year ago, that the big prominent check box to make the device visible is not the same as scan. Looking around to see if the tablet pairing problem was somehow associated with the bluetooth on my phone brought the word "scan" to my attention. Once I found and tapped the "scan" near the top right of my Galaxy Tab S bluetooth settings screen my headset paired immediately.

Max Barsini

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! Turning off the wifi temporarily...solved my bluetooth sync issue and allowed me to sync my Shield tablet with my Note 4. Yay!

Billy C

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I have just purchased this lgpadF8.0
I have Blackweb High wire Bluetooth speaker that works with my cellphone 6s and my friends Loads but will not pair with this LG pad
It sucks cause the associates at AT&T store can't even make it work with my Bluetooth speaker! I called 800 number and they tell me it is not Android compatible!
If I would have known this before hand I would have purchased I pad !
Sounds like Android wants you to purchase other speakers! Seems like they would let you in on this before you purchase LG padF8.0

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm