Where can I find a source for rooting a Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2?

sparky406

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Source For Rooting Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2

Would like to find a source that would root my Galaxy tab pro 12.2. I want to root it and perhaps upgrade to lollipop. I think i saw a source here or on XDA that would do it for About $40 but i can't find it now. Can any one help?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Source For Rooting Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2

If any of the devs on XDA live near you, or any of the more experienced members here do, they'd probably do it for you for free. I know I would if you lived near Fort Bragg. Rooting with Chainfire's program makes "trivial" seem like a lot of work. If it works on your tab with the version of Android currently in it, sitting down, copying the file to the phone, pressing the power button - I know that's worth $40 to me, but I wouldn't feel comfortable stealing that much money from you for so little effort. Maybe light my cigarette if I still smoked - that's about all it's worth. Doing it yourself, if you've never done it before, can be terrifying. But the 10th time you reflash the ROM because you bricked your tab again, the only danger is dying of boredom. (I spent a week bricking my phone when I was trying every ROM I could find for it. Wasted about a whole hour that week reflashing the stock ROM over and over. Short of hardware failure, this phone works.)

As far as LolliFlop, I wouldn't accept anything earlier than 5.1 (earlier versions had a memory leak - which you don't want unless you have 16GB or so of RAM [not storage] to play with) and 5.1 hasn't been out long enough to hear the screams about all the bugs, so for the moment, I'd take a pass. Maybe by the end of the summer (unless they come out with 5.2 to fix a major bug in 5.1, in which case I'll wait a few months again). You can go from 5.1 to 5.0.2 or 5.0.1, but you probably (I don't have a phone to permanently ruin to try it out) can't go back a major version like from 5 to 4, so if LolliFlop is so bad that I'd rather run JellyBean, I'm out of luck. My KitKat phone works just fine, no bugs, always ready, and that's what I want. Not a pretty face (and battery hungry one in a device with an Amoled screen - white takes a LOT of power, pure black takes none) that may or may not crash every day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara