Should i get the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2? Will it be a good upgrade?

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I am looking to get the upcoming rumoured Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 in the future.

I am thinking of getting it for the battery life and the larger sceen and the 4:3 aspect ratio wlll be great for things like web browsing, playing games, lots more then the 16:9(is only great for watching videos/movies) because my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 has poor battery life(only 3/4 hours of sceen time most of the time and on a lucky day 5 hours) which is very disappointing for a tablet. :/

And it will have the latest Android OS(Lollipop) it will be great :D
as my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 still has not got Lollipop yet, still on KitKat. :(

And the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 will be much more powerful and have better battery life then my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and it will have the Super AMOLED display.

And the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 will be released sometime in June which is soon!

Plus the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 will be very thin(5.5mm) thinner than the Ipad Air 2 and my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and it will be lighter as well!

My original plan was to wait for the Ipad Air 3 this fall and buy that but i don't really know what to do as i want to get the Ipad Air 3 so i can have 3 major OS's on tablets and i really like the Ipad as well and will be my 1st ever Ipad.....

So If i buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2? Will it be a good upgrade from the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4? I think it would be a good upgrade especially with the battery life Or should i wait for the Ipad Air 3 this fall and buy that instead?

What would you do??? I am becoming more interested in buying the upcoming Tab S2 9.7 as time goes on! :)

Daz2014

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
How do you know the battery life will be better on a yet to be released tablet ?
If you're getting only 3 or 4 hours screen time from your tab pro maybe your battery is buggered or you have the brightness set too high.
I've just looked at my usage.44% left and 4hrs screen time used

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
How do you know the battery life will be better on a yet to be released tablet ?
If you're getting only 3 or 4 hours screen time from your tab pro maybe your battery is buggered or you have the brightness set too high.
I've just looked at my usage.44% left and 4hrs screen time used

I get close to 9 hours on a single charge, though of course that's always depending on what you are doing.

It can get 5 hours of sceen time for a couple days everytime i restarted the Tab Pro 8.4 or cleared the cache.

But after a few days it goes down hill and i get only 3/4 hours of sceen time even when i just doing light stuff like web browsing or watching videos.

I don't really play game a lot on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and i always have my brightness under 40% and have things like Bluetooth, GPS etc off.

Maybe because of TW is draining the battery faster than normal.....

KarlDag

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
You're going to buy another Samsung tablet after you're disappointed by this one, which was marketed as high end? And never got an os upgrade?

If my TabPro died now I'd look at the nexus 9 or shield tablet, not another Samsung...

Ipads are too expensive (and I dislike ios), but the current iPad air is a great machine, finally more than 2 cores and 1 gb of Ram. By next year, when price goes down, it will be a great buy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

M Stuart

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I think it's worth waiting until it's released so you can make a decision. I'm looking forward to this one for two reasons: 4:3 ratio and Amoled screen. Hopefully Samsung can make it perform well for a change this time around.

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I think i might get the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 instead of the upcoming Ipad Air 3.

The New Galaxy Tab S2 is a very powerful Android tablet even better than the Nexus 9 plus it has a 9.7 4:3 aspect ratio display and I like Android but i would like to try IOS on the Ipad as i have only used IOS on my Ipod touch and the Ipad has better tablet apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon