Galaxy tab pro 8.4 Lollipop eta Q3 2015

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Q3 is coming to an end. I really hope they update this tablet soon. Samsung needs to pull their head in and give support to their earlier released tablets that are capable of getting updated.

Last I read o that site, it was updated to Q3 OR Q4. Knowing Samsung... Who knows when we'll actually get it. This'll be the non-Nexus or Moto Android device that I get.

The iPhone 4S is still receiving upgrades to the latest iOS, and that's a 4 year old phone. The Tab Pro received Android updates for only 9 months....

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Should be in the next few weeks I would think. The 12" has already received the update for both the wifi only and lte models. Those came a week apart. I would expect the 10 to update starting probably monday and the 8.4 two weeks after that.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

moody1940

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
If no update comes, this will be my last Samsung tab. Not looking to buy a new tab every yr.

Posted via the Android Central App

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I would like to have the update too, but honestly the Tab is working good right now and am happy with it. I have Lollipop on my phone and honestly the only feature I like that came with the update is Smart Lock and I don't lock the Tab so really not going to gain much.

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Samsung confirms no more updates for Tab Pro 8.4. What a load crap. This is still an awesome tablet and would be so much better with 6.0. This blows. ..

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Well, that kinda sucks, but on the other hand, I noticed that when I upgraded my old Nexus 7 tablet to Lollipop it slowed down terribly in performance. So, from my experience upgrading the OS for some devices can be counterproductive.

I suppose another option would be to root the tablet and install Cyanogen Mod to get some closer to Lollipop ore Marshmellow.

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
When this tablet came out, it was the latest and greatest, premium Samsung tablet, with a high price tag. Then the tab S came along a few month later and the tab pro suddenly ceased to exist. The tab pro 8.4 never saw a glimpse of update. I personally find it outrageous.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I agree with all of you. My tab has 4.4.2 and had never had any updates including security updates. The bad guys are getting better all the time and older software gets more vulnerable each day. I will probably root & install Cyanogenmod after I learn the process. Will go to xda developers & possibly Youtube videos untill I think I can root without bricking my tab. I am not in a hurry & if I gel malware just wont use the tab, have another tablet plus G4.

dave k3

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Is the tab pro 8.4 going to get a software update from kitkat? if yes, then when?

Samsung Support
Samsung Support I apologize; we are unable to speculate on the release of future updates. Please stay tuned, and we will post publicly as more information becomes available. Thanks!

"When a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 owner contacted Samsung through their official Twitter account in the UK regarding an update to Lollipop or Marshmallow for this particular tablet, he got this response: “We really don’t like bringing you news you don’t want to hear, but the TabPRO 8.4 will not be getting Lollipop”.

Samsung Support
Samsung Support I’m sorry. Specifications vary by region.

Daz2014

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Looks like we'll have to give cyanogen a go then,I'm told there's a marshmallow build in progress at the moment,is that the case ?

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
This blows....Vudu now offers hdx streaming but only on devices with lollipop or higher.... guess we can only watch 480p on this 1600p panel.... what a waist...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci