The battery gone up in %(indicator) on Tab Pro 8.4 by rebooting.

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
This has only happened only 2 times soo far in the last couple of months.

When i turn of my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 when it is under about 20 to 5% left of battery life.
And after i rebooted the Tablet the battery %(indicator) gone from 5/10% to 26% of battery life/charge with out even charging it!

What does this mean??? Is the battery indicator showing incorrect info? Has anyone had this before?

By the way i keep having problems charging the battery as the indicator keeps stopping while charging for some reason, it keeps stopping at any number 15%, 39%, 88%, 96% then i have to re plug the charger again(couple times sometimes) in order to charge again.....??

And i only getting 3/4 hours of sceen time instead of 5 hours of SOT on a single charge on battery despite having all of the things like GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth, Multi Window off and having the brightness set under 30% and having CPU power saving mode on and force closing RAM hungry apps(Google Chrome, Youtube, etc) on GSAM Battery monitor and it is still CRAP!!!! :/ :/

And Is there anything else that i can do to improve the battery life?

#StupidSamsung #CrapBatterylife

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. The only time the indication is accurate is at 100%, if you charge the battery until the voltage stops rising, then set the file that keeps the calibration to 100%. (Battery Calibration (Root) will help with that but the phone has to be rooted to change the calibration file.)

2. Draining the battery to 5% regularly will kill it in 6 months or so. Never discharge any lithium battery past 40%.

3. when a lithium battery is almost fully discharge, it'll "bounce back" a little in voltage (which is what that "%" is actually measuring) if you stop using it for a while. It'll quickly fall back to where it was, though.

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
2. Draining the battery to 5% regularly will kill it in 6 months or so. Never discharge any lithium battery past 40%.

Why should i not the let charge go below 40% on battery.

That is so ridiculous and stupid!!!!!

Why are other people saying do not let the drain the battery under 15/20%? And you saying do not drain the battery get it pass under 40%.

And i have been draining the battery to 5% for over 6 months and it is not declining or dying.

Daz2014

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
That 40% suggestion is stupid.
I think 10-20% is a good time to recharge personally although I have let mine go down even lower.
Some 'experts' do say letting the battery discharge completely shortens it's life

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
When i turn of my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 when it is under about 20 to 5% left of battery life.
And after i rebooted the Tablet the battery %(indicator) gone from 5/10% to 26% of battery life/charge with out even charging it!
What does this mean??? Is the battery indicator showing incorrect info? Has anyone had this before?

This is a hardware problem but it seems you don't want to accept it. Nothing magic to fix hardware problem until you have to do something to the source which causing battery malfunction.
Unless you send it to repair or do it yourself, no update or anything else will fix a problem from battery connector.
I think the only way you can realize the fact of this problem by changing a new battery and see it's the same as your old one.