I can't charge my tablet while it is on.

FreddieLui

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4''
Android 4.4.2

But it charges normally when It is powered off.

What problem does it have? Is it possible to have a broken charging port?

Thx!!!

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you have a broken charging port or it won't charge at all. Are you saying that when the tablet is on it doesn't charge at all or that it takes a longer time to charge? It doesn't make sense that it doesn't charge at all when it's on, but charges okay when it's off

Posted via the Android Central App

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you plugging in your tablet into a 1 amp charger, or 2 amp? It may be that you are using a 1 amp which isn't enough to charge and run your tablet at the same time.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4''
Android 4.4.2
But it charges normally when It is powered off.
It only charges when the tablet is off, possibly the USB charging port doesn't draw enough current.
Use this tool to help you:
usb voltage current meter | eBay

Read the output of your charger, if it's 5Volts, 2 Amps, the charging current reading should be 1.5 Amps to 1.7 Amps. If the reading under 1.5 Amps, you should swap USB cable, charger with a known working ones. If nothing changes, you have a bad USB charging port. Search new one on Ebay, it's from $3 to $10, depending where you buy, cheapest is from China.

These steps by steps, you have to do it by yourself, no one can give a specific answer for many unknowns: USB cable, or charger, or USB port, or battery.
Everyone is guessing as you are without no clues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz