Ads everywhere on my Tab Pro 8.4

Profaniter

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok I never had any issue with my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 tablet since. Until yesterday I noticed a lot of this popping up on every apps. I didn't install anything so. Any way to remove this.?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 3177.jpg
    3177.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can try running an antivirus or malware/trojan detector (plenty of them in the Play Store) and see if anything 'funny' was downloaded. Also make sure that no VPNs have been created in your device. If this is only happening on WiFi on your home, it might be that it's the router that got infected (yup, it can happen...it basically routes all your traffic through a different sever that injects the ads and then sends you back the data).

Profaniter

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Yesterday I found out how to disable this. I press "opt out" within this popup ad, I had to download "opt out" app and I think it worked. So weird that this had happened.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did the app come from Google Play? If not (and even if it did) I'd still recommend doing an AV/Trojan/Malware scan... that doesn't sound like something that should happen and installing an app from that, especially if it comes from anything other than Google Play, is very shady.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar