Are they still updating Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4?

Count Chokula

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I also own the Galaxy TabPRO 8.4. As far as I know, there aren't any updates forthcoming. As for this device getting the latest version of Android, it would be nice, but I wouldn't be holding my breath for it. We are, after all, talking about a device which is now over 2 years old. Sometimes Samsung will send out the occasional minor update to fix bugs but beyond that, I doubt that we'll see anything major.

That being said, you can check out the following Sammobile website link where you can get news on the latest firmware updates available for your Samsung device.

Firmwares - SamMobile

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't see Samsung updating the OS for the Pro 8.4, even though the hardware still seems very good. I don't even get security updates anymore.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It's actually a very good tablet, with an excellent high res screen and fast processor. I recently bought an ATT Galaxy Tab E 8.0 with cell SIM and it's definitely a step down from the Pro 8.4 model in speed and screen resolution. I can only guess the 8.4 doesn't have the hardware requirements to upgrade it to the latest Marshmallow Android OS.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It's actually a very good tablet, with an excellent high res screen and fast processor. I recently bought an ATT Galaxy Tab E 8.0 with cell SIM and it's definitely a step down from the Pro 8.4 model in speed and screen resolution. I can only guess the 8.4 doesn't have the hardware requirements to upgrade it to the latest Marshmallow Android OS.

You are very correct on the Tab E vs the Pro... I have both and have the same opinion. There are certainly advantages to the Tab E, but it never leaves the car (it is a navigation device for when I drive Uber or Lyft) I also have the Tab Pro 10.1 and it isn't holding up so well. Still great, but not as good.

The Tab Pro line is capable of updates, but the line has been abandoned by Samsung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21