Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    25,830 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Anyone thinking of getting one?

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Default Re: Anyone thinking of getting one?

I'm definitely getting a Tab S tablet.

The only problem is that I still can't decide which one.
    8.4 or 10.5?

Or... wait 2 to 3 months when Samsung release the next new tablet.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    25,830 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My own size preference would be an 8 inch, unless you are looking at getting a stand. For me 10" tabs are heavier enough where I can't hold them as long.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    My own size preference would be an 8 inch, unless you are looking at getting a stand. For me 10" tabs are heavier enough where I can't hold them as long.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app
    Based on the official specs from Samsung's website:

10.37oz for the 8.4-inch model
    16.40oz for the 10.5-inch model

The weight difference is only 6 ounces.... considering the 8.4-inch is only 10.37oz, that's quite an increase in weight. It's better to pick the lightest one for one-hand holding over extended period of time.

I am looking at the 10.5. I already have a Nexus 7 (2013), so a 8.4 is not that much larger, and I would like to try a larger screen tablet. Honestly, I was looking at the Note Pro 12.2, just seems too big and expensive for occasional use.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    The Tab S 10.5 does look nice, but Magazine UX is far from my favorite. Samsung's software is why I tend to avoid their tablets.

I have an iPad Air, and one pound really isn't that heavy if held with two hands. If only using one hand, it can definitely become uncomfortable after a while, but it ultimately depends on how you're holding it.

The Tab S 8.4 at 10 ounces is pretty nice looking, too. It would probably be the tablet I would opt for out of the two.

Once reviews start coming out about battery life then I will think about buying one. If it can last 8+ hours then I will pick one up. It not then I would hold of on it.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

I plan on getting both the 8" and 10" versions to mate up with my S5,,,,,,, I'll still keep my iPad Air only until Android/Google/Samsung can put together a video editing app as good as iMovie.

I have an iPad for one iOS app,,, iMovie,,, it's insane that Android does not have one video editing app that can even hold a candle to iMovie,,,,, Ohh well !!!!

Cheers
    Davyo

I have the note 8, note 10.1 2014, and note pro 12.2, and I'm waiting for the reported 13.3 version of the S, hopefully as a note edition.

I am weighing my options between an iPad Air, Tab S, and a Surface Pro 3.

I currently have an iPad Mini, but am looking for a bigger tablet now. I know the Surface 3 is the outlier, so realistically it's between the 2 tablets.

Posted via Android Central App

I am getting the 10.5 because of the ultra power saving mode. I am so stoked they included it in the new Tab S, also that it is the same 24 hs per every 10 percent like the S5.
    If you don't want the S though BestBuy is selling the tab pros for an AMAZING $150 off. 349.99 for 10.1 and 249.99 for 8.4

If you don't need the pen Costco is blowing out the tab pro 12.2 for $519.00, can't beat that. I opted for the Tab S because of the new screen, 128gb storage and the ultra power saving mode.

Air is nice but you would save more if u waited for them to announce Air 2. (Prices will drop) Air runs 64 bit chips which are amazing BUT the app store has very few apps that can take advantage of that. Go with the Tab S I'm sure you won't be let down.

I will be heading over to Best Buy on Friday to check out the Tab S. I understand that if you order directly from Samsung, there's a free case being added too?

Quote Originally Posted by jstplnfrank View Post
    I will be heading over to Best Buy on Friday to check out the Tab S. I understand that if you order directly from Samsung, there's a free case being added too?
    There are 5 Best Buy stores in my area. The two near me already have the Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 on the display. (but not available for purchase)
    Thanked by:

BestBuy has a 32GB in the Bronze. What are the odds they will carry the White in the very near future?
    Nexus 6, 64gb
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5"
    Chromecast
    Vizio Co-Star
    SAMmarked1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnDroid View Post
    BestBuy has a 32GB in the Bronze. What are the odds they will carry the White in the very near future?
    Very unlikely, if I have to guess.

From what I know the BBY 32 gb is black not bronze. As for the white in 32 gb yes I believe samsung will release it when they release the LTE colors.

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

How is it that BB has the 32GB version, but Samsung doesn't?

I have the 8.4 pro and the screen is awesome.. Color calibration is spot on simply to me the best small tablet on the market.. My opinion of course.
    BUT.... must have the 10.5 super Amoled screen Pre ordered 32gig the display is something to behold..
    I'm selling my iPad air 32gig to Gazelle 300 Bucks and will never look back. ANDROID is the only way to fly.. Oh also have the Nexus 7 great little tablet also..

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jstplnfrank View Post
    I am weighing my options between an iPad Air, Tab S, and a Surface Pro 3.

I currently have an iPad Mini, but am looking for a bigger tablet now. I know the Surface 3 is the outlier, so realistically it's between the 2 tablets.

I have an iPad Air, which I've been thinking of selling. At 9.7 inches, it is a nice size. But I think I would like a smaller, Android tablet. It would suit my needs better at this point.

Anyone in the market for a lightly used iPad Air?

The surface is Pro 3 is nice, but you would almost be better off buying a touchscreen laptop if you're going that route.

The Tab S is probably your best bet, unless you want an iPad. The Tab S has Samsung's Magazine UX, but at least it is Android.

Quote Originally Posted by frag06 View Post
    I have an iPad Air, which I've been thinking of selling. At 9.7 inches, it is a nice size. But I think I would like a smaller, Android tablet. It would suit my needs better at this point.

Anyone in the market for a lightly used iPad Air?

The surface is Pro 3 is nice, but you would almost be better off buying a touchscreen laptop if you're going that route.

The Tab S is probably your best bet, unless you want an iPad. The Tab S has Samsung's Magazine UX, but at least it is Android.
    Yes, I think the Tab S is going to work well for me. Selling my Retina iPad Mini, and an older iPad 2.
    I was on the airplane a few hours ago thinking how multi window would be so cool while using my Mini...

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

Went to Best Buy today and played with the new Tabs. I have never been a big fan of Sammys, but these are really nice! Trying to decide if I will stay with the more portable 8.4" or buy the Best Buy exclusive 10.5" 32GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    Went to Best Buy today and played with the new Tabs. I have never been a big fan of Sammys, but these are really nice! Trying to decide if I will stay with the more portable 8.4" or buy the Best Buy exclusive 10.5" 32GB.
    I am getting the the Tab S 8.4 because it fits nicely in the inside breast pocket of my leather jackets. (where I used to carry my 7-inch Samsung tablets) The 8.4 also fits in the front pocket of my jeans.

You must have went to a sneak peak store, I work for Sami yet you have seen it before me. Ahhh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast