Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How Sync 3.0 will work/ GAME CHANGER.

As we are all so anxiously awaiting the arrival of the tab S I wanted to talk about the sync feature. I have not noticed a topic about it so I wanted to give out some info before people ask. The feature is over wifi you will be able to link to your phone (S5) and you may control the phone from the tablet and take voice calls through the tab S.
    The App will be pre installed and it will require ONLY S5 with the app to work. (Other phones will be added to the list in following weeks)
    The app will allow you to text, play music, transfer content,answer calls and pretty much mirror your phone right on the tab S. Never before has any tablet carried the ability to answer calls from your phone on it, I know I look forward to using this feature.

-Sami Expert

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: How Sync 3.0 will work/ GAME CHANGER.

No longer restricted to just the S5!

Just for grins, I tried it both at home and in the car with our Note 3's and the Tab S 10.5 and SideSync worked fine. Had a software update immediately upon booting the tab 10.5 up the first time, so whether that was what expanded the device list from the S5 only or not, I cannot say.

During testing at home on the in house wifi, we were easily able to answer incoming calls on the Note 3 from the 10.5. A small delay was detected but it wasn't terrible. Call quality was as good as speaker phone on the Note 3 was. Had to download and install SideSync on the Note 3 from play store.

In the car however, it was a little different. Since both the Note 3 and the Tab 10.5 must be using wifi to use SideSync, we tried it out with this setup in the car. Had my Note 3 in the travel windshield mount, plugged into the lighter port with Navigation running and my Mobile Hotspot enabled. My partner's Note 3 and the Tab 10.5 were both connected to my Note 3's hotspot. Incoming calls to my partner's Note 3 were able to be answered from the Tab S 10.5. Worked as well in the car as it did at home as far as delay, call quality, etc. So in the end, she doesn't even have to pull her phone out of her purse in the back seat while traveling. So we are happy campers with this so far.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It does not run off wifi but wifi direct.. awesome I'm glad you like it. Yes it works for others now but u do not have full capability just yet.

Posted via Android Central App

So what are the chances of me being able to sync my Tab s to my Note 1 in the futre?

Wow, the Note 1? Doubtful haha But I've encountered a very strange bug with SideSync that I was hoping someone here might help me reproduce. I've tried it on both a Note 10.1 2014 and the Tab S 10.5, same results.

When I used the devices on WiFi and with BlueTooth on (you know, keyboard haha) it was working great. Opened SideSync, got it to connect to my Note 3, and bam! Now if I have Bluetooth on, WiFi will slow down to a crawl (mostly dad, even, on the Note 10.1). I'll spare you the story, but I figured out SideSync was causing the issue. Kill SideSync on Application Manager, and WiFi returns to normal. Fire up SideSync again (even if it doesn't connect, just opening the app triggers the process) and WiFi goes back to 1997 phone-line speeds. Kill SideSync again, and WiFi comes back to life.

S t r a n g e.

I've been trying to install side sync on my note 8... no joy. But I note a lot of the reviews are negative because it kills the wifi connection

Quote Originally Posted by badfelafel View Post
    I've been trying to install side sync on my note 8... no joy. But I note a lot of the reviews are negative because it kills the wifi connection
    Samsung is aware of this and, hopefully, will have a fix soon. But yeah, it seems to do something funky to the WiFi connection, especially if you have Bluetooth on.