Have the Tab S 10.5, ask me anything!

bsfema

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I have been thinking about getting a tablet and have an odd question: Can I use this as a wifi hotspot?

I have a Chromecast and that needs to connect to a wifi network. I'm curious if I can just use the Galaxy Tab S together with the Chromecast (i.e. stream content directly from the Tab S to the Chromecast) or if I'll need to bring a router along as well.

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Title says it all. If anyone else has one, might as well be here to answer any questions for anyone. I have the 32gb Bronze version.

If you set the wallpaper on portrait while you are holding the device on portrait. Will the wallpaper also rotate when you hold the device on landscape?

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Surface is great for browsing and office but has an AWFUL market store. They do not even have a youtube made app by Google. All the apps crash and are very poorly coded and without the apps it's just a browser w a keyboard.

Posted via Android Central App

I have the 8.4 S, 10.5 S, and the new Surface Pro 3. The Surface Pro definitely doesn't have any issues with crashing apps. Almost tempted to get rid of my MacBook because I like the SP3 so much.

ppophil

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
No. I ordered mine on samsung online got an email today stating it was on backorder. $129.00. Best Buy was 140

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the 8.4 S, 10.5 S, and the new Surface Pro 3. The Surface Pro definitely doesn't have any issues with crashing apps. Almost tempted to get rid of my MacBook because I like the SP3 so much.
He is a Samsung fanboy from what I have seen... I would love a surface pro 3 if the base price wasn't $1000 lol

Mobzy01

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hiya....

Can you please tell me if it works with the OTG cable?!?!

I tested this out the other night.. I downloaded madden 25 and fifa 14, one under a gig and one over a gig. I was able to move them to the ex sd card completely in 2 steps. I had to go to app manager and move to ex sd card and that moved the cache data part. I then located in SD the file under android the oob game files and copied those to my ex SD. I was able to do this and then unmount the card and the app had a grayed out icon that said on the SD. The downside to this was the game would. On play off the ex sd card, I would get the message downloading resource. So it's possible to save your game on the sd card but if you want to play it has to be put back on internal memory.

dcsun

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased the Tab S 10.5. I would like to be able to download photos from my camera's SD card to the tab. I see lots of OTG cables and USB adapters on Amazon, but none are listed as 10.5 compatible. I assume this is because it is a new product. Any recommendations on how to do this? (This is my first tablet.) Thanks.

jrpsf

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I am usually pretty tech savvy but I cannot figure out how to get two windows to open. What is the trick? I have read the help and done the demo which is useless.
I want to edit the items on the pull out (for lack of a better term ) but you can't do that unless two windows are open and the windows you want to edit on to the pull out are currently open. I have watched Youtube videos galore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bograt0691

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I have one of the new Galaxy Tab S (32Gb) and when I first got the tablet I was able to scroll through the screens. I came across the Content Home screen and thought thats interesting but no don't want it. Now I can no longer scroll through the screens. A bit like the Galaxy S and the Magazine Screen but at least with that you can turn it off. Cant get rid of the last Widget on the screen, asked Samsung New Zealand and they said yes your right, we will get back to you. I cannot find any way to de-activate it. Help

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I would greatly prefer an app drawer, same on all homescreens. I currently have to use another launcher, Nova for now. This is on both my Note Pro 12.2 and the Tab s. Most used apps are in 6 folders on every screen.