Have the Tab S 10.5, ask me anything!

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Title says it all. If anyone else has one, might as well be here to answer any questions for anyone. I have the 32gb Bronze version.

Can you tell me why some apps/games play in my cheaper Apex 785 but not in my Tab S 10.5?

I'm thinking maybe there is a setting I'm missing? Mansion A Puzzle of Rooms downloaded from Google plays on the Apex but not the Samsung.

Also, 2 of the "Cryptic" games (Cryptic Keep & Cryptic Caves) have messed up graphics. Is there a setting to fix that please?

Thanks!

gizmofla

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Check under Settings, System, Power Saver mode. If it's on that might be why the game lags.
If it's on try turning it off to see if it helps with the lag in gaming.

midsm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased my first tablet, Tab S 10.5. I'm trying to use the Remote PC app but get an error message "The Connection has been lost. Try connecting again. 126." Any help would be appreciated.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have recently purchased the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Bronze. Is there anyway that I can make the SD card the default storage directory?
Thanks Guys

I don't know the answer but suspect it may be an app setting rather than a universal setting.

Also, I still don't fully understand the "kitkat" limitation(s) on accessing data on an external card. I have been led to believe that in, at least, some cases, only the app that created the data can use it on the card and other apps may be prohibited or limited to access. Also, apps may not be able to be installed on external sd cards.

At the same time, some apps do have info on how to move their data to the external sd card. For instance I grabbed a mapping program and after its data/maps were downloaded INTERNALLY, there were instructions on how to move it to the EXTERNAL card.

DukeOfURL01

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm really at a dilemma here. I'm a big simpsons tapped out player, and I already have the Tab Pro 10.1, I didn't know about the issues with it and the game before purchase, and now I'm really unhappy with it. What should I do? I'm considering exchanging for a Tab S 10.5 or a Tab Note 10.1, however both report problems with the game also, and the general opinion is that this game is just not good with the Exynos processor.

I don't know what to do here. This thing was expensive, and I'm really not happy.

Mark Normand

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Looked at the 10.5 S at BB just now. Very impressed with screen pop. My android knowledge is limited, always had Apple, have iphone6 and ipad2 now.

I run a bunch of wildlife game cameras using video mode that saves in AVI mode. Which exact version or codec I'm not sure. Assuming the S will play these, can I play them straight from a Usb SD card reader without actually uploading them to the S internal or micro sd storage? I usually delete them after viewing, files are usually around 1 gb each.

Thx, great thread here!

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Looked at the 10.5 S at BB just now. Very impressed with screen pop. My android knowledge is limited, always had Apple, have iphone6 and ipad2 now.

I run a bunch of wildlife game cameras using video mode that saves in AVI mode. Which exact version or codec I'm not sure. Assuming the S will play these, can I play them straight from a Usb SD card reader without actually uploading them to the S internal or micro sd storage? I usually delete them after viewing, files are usually around 1 gb each.

Thx, great thread here!

With a usb-to-go adapter, I just tested with a thumb drive with a video. It ran directly from the thumb drive - no copy to the Tab S was necessary. In the attached picture, I'm viewing a video. You can see the usb-to-go adapter cable on the right and the red light of the thumb drive.

IMG_20141101_195941.jpg

TexasS5

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I bought mine yesterday evening, and had a Zagg HD screen protector put on, they told me not to turn on my new tablet for 48 Hours, so the protector could dry out, so untill tomorrow..i wait!!! I'll probally have some questions then.

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm really at a dilemma here. I'm a big simpsons tapped out player, and I already have the Tab Pro 10.1, I didn't know about the issues with it and the game before purchase, and now I'm really unhappy with it. What should I do? I'm considering exchanging for a Tab S 10.5 or a Tab Note 10.1, however both report problems with the game also, and the general opinion is that this game is just not good with the Exynos processor.

I don't know what to do here. This thing was expensive, and I'm really not happy.
Does it lag on the first level or only on later levels. If it's first level, I can download it and try it out for you. I'm a lousy gamer though so I probably can't make it to advanced levels.

I Have tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi .

Btw does anyone here use tapatalk and have same model as I do? Does yours stutter when scrolling through list of posts?

Mark Normand

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
With a usb-to-go adapter, I just tested with a thumb drive with a video. It ran directly from the thumb drive - no copy to the Tab S was necessary. In the attached picture, I'm viewing a video. You can see the usb-to-go adapter cable on the right and the red light of the thumb drive.

Thanks for trying that F2...

After 2 more trips to BB, I decided to save some $$ and try a 16gb Note 4 10.1" instead at $299. (EDIT..SORRY ITS A TAB4, NOT A NOTE4) They had an open box S 16gb for $450, man I almost bought it, but it was white, didn't want that.

While at BB, I couldn't get any demo model Android or windows tablet to play a downloaded test AVI file. One of the reps suggested downloading a player called "MX", and that worked just fine on the Note4 once I got home... my game camera AVI's played just fine.

Not sure if I'll keep the Note4 or get something else, will play with this a few days and decide before the 15day return is over.

Thanks again :))

Last edited:

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for trying that F2...

After 2 more trips to BB, I decided to save some $$ and try a 16gb Note 4 10.1" instead at $299. They had an open box S 16gb for $450, man I almost bought it, but it was white, didn't want that.

While at BB, I couldn't get any demo model Android or windows tablet to play a downloaded test AVI file. One of the reps suggested downloading a player called "MX", and that worked just fine on the Note4 once I got home... my game camera AVI's played just fine.

When you played that video, did you use a usb-to-go or did you copy it over to the Tablet?

Not sure if I'll keep the Note4 or get something else, will play with this a few days and decide before the 15day return is over.

Thanks again :))

Good luck making a decision. I have to admit that I did not do a lot of shopping. Costco had the Tab S on sale and I figured, like you, I'd give it a try and return it if I did not like it. This is my first Android Device. The screen was a big selling point. A smaller size probably would have proved more portable and less tippy but I've decided I like it enough to keep it.

Did you use usb-to-go adapter to view that video or did you copy it over to the tablet?

Mark Normand

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Did you use usb-to-go adapter to view that video or did you copy it over to the tablet?

I bought a microUSB adapter at BB for $20, and hooked up my combo external card reader to that, and played the AVI straight from the full size SD card. At that point I didn't even know how to copy to/from the tablet, haha. I know now!

TexasS5

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Just FYI, anything bought between Nov 1st and through sometime in December i believe, at Best Buy, you have till January sometime, to return it, as party of there extended Holiday return policy.

Mark Normand

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Just FYI, anything bought between Nov 1st and through sometime in December i believe, at Best Buy, you have till January sometime, to return it, as party of there extended Holiday return policy.

Interesting... I specifically went to customer service/return desk before I bought yesterday, and questioned them very carefully about returns. I used to be an "elite plus" member and that gave me 45 days on returns, (did this last year) as opposed to 15 days. But yesterday I was told I'm now a regular member, which is 15 days. No mention at all of holiday return policy. They could not explain the reduction in membership status, (probably because I didn't buy enough in past year). So buyer beware...check carefully before you buy!

TexasS5

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I've got my first question, on my iPad 2, i've got an adapter for hooking up a HDMI cable to it from my tv, Do they make a good one for the Tab S? I used get the cheap ones on ebay for my iPad, then after the lastest update, apple make it not work and you had ot buy there Apple $40 adapter.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've got my first question, on my iPad 2, i've got an adapter for hooking up a HDMI cable to it from my tv, Do they make a good one for the Tab S? I used get the cheap ones on ebay for my iPad, then after the lastest update, apple make it not work and you had ot buy there Apple $40 adapter.

Best Buy has two versions. I don't recall the prices but one was 3rd party and the more expensive ($50 or so) was a Samsung version. One was found near the TV section, the other I think near Samsung accessories at my local best buy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084