Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

Default Have the Tab S 10.5, ask me anything!

Title says it all. If anyone else has one, might as well be here to answer any questions for anyone. I have the 32gb Bronze version.

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

Default Re: Have the Tab S 10.5, ask me anything!

How is it so far?

Posted via Android Central App

I can also answer any questions if you have them. So far the screen is incredible, device is snappy, the new MIO wifi antenna works great I'm noticing faster speeds already. I am testing now how big of a file can be moved to the SD card, say like a game 1 gb. I am really enjoying the new size and feel of the tablet.

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

Let us know what you find out about the file moving abilities?

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk

I tested this out the other night.. I downloaded madden 25 and fifa 14, one under a gig and one over a gig. I was able to move them to the ex sd card completely in 2 steps. I had to go to app manager and move to ex sd card and that moved the cache data part. I then located in SD the file under android the oob game files and copied those to my ex SD. I was able to do this and then unmount the card and the app had a grayed out icon that said on the SD. The downside to this was the game would. On play off the ex sd card, I would get the message downloading resource. So it's possible to save your game on the sd card but if you want to play it has to be put back on internal memory.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

I love the tablet. It is so light. I've been reading magazines on it and its just great. The reviews are right about the screen, its the best one I've ever seen. I was using a Tab 8.4 before but wanted something larger and the size is perfect.

Thanked by:

I work samsung sales and marketing and our ears are open to the feedback. I have also spent the last few days in BestBuy stores watching the responses of people to them. It has been very good and people are loving them as they should.
    I also recommend u try out power saving modes Grey scale option for reading, also ultra power saving mode for over night.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SAMmarked1 View Post
    I work samsung sales and marketing and our ears are open to the feedback. I have also spent the last few days in BestBuy stores watching the responses of people to them. It has been very good and people are loving them as they should.
    I also recommend u try out power saving modes Grey scale option for reading, also ultra power saving mode for over night.

my only complaint was that Best Buy didn't offer the free case deal. Wish there would be an option when you register the device to receive a free Book Cover or Simple Cover.

Best Buy did offer the additional $50 off if you trade in any tablet. I got over $50 for my trade in, but never got my $50 off coupon. Had to go back and was given it via gift card. Used it on my book cover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Hows the battery life?
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

Too soon to tell. Update tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Anyone know when the Bluetooth keyboard becomes avaliable ?

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    Hows the battery life?
    Just played Dead Trigger 2 for 3 hours and 51 minutes with the screen at 70% brightness and have 75% charge remaining. So far, a very capable battery.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cherdawg28 View Post
    Anyone know when the Bluetooth keyboard becomes avaliable ?
    Best buy tried to sell me one last night when I bought my tablet at the store

If you would have read my posts I told people all u have to do is ask them to price match samsung com. I got my book cover free from that.

that was probably the logitech one. Im talking about the one Samsung showcased along with the book cases

Quote Originally Posted by SAMmarked1 View Post
    If you would have read my posts I told people all u have to do is ask them to price match samsung com. I got my book cover free from that.

Best buy doesn't price match bundles....

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cherdawg28 View Post
    that was probably the logitech one. Im talking about the one Samsung showcased along with the book cases
    yea looks like BB has the Logitech one in store. Haven't read anything about the Samsung keyboard. I think the Samsung keyboard might be better if you want to take it out of the casing often.

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    Best buy doesn't price match bundles....

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    True technically but you can find one that does occasionally. Yes I know this makes no sense but that's how BestBuy is. Policies are "flexible" so always ask. Really depends on how much of a hard *** the manager is.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellvii View Post
    True technically but you can find one that does occasionally. Yes I know this makes no sense but that's how BestBuy is. Policies are "flexible" so always ask. Really depends on how much of a hard *** the manager is.
    They Still don't Price match Bundles and i wouldn't go in expecting it ...it's all ymmv

How does the one year free gogo wifi work? Is there a code or app?

Hi there, I'm really hoping you can answer this one for me if you're willing. I currently have the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (SM-T520) which I only purchased a month ago.

I’d read comments before buying that Touchwiz and the interface in general was laggy (others disagreed). I have to agree that it is laggy. Not massively so, but annoying noticeable when you are used to the buttered lightning speed of the HTC One M8.

I note you have the 32GB model; is that LTE or Wi-Fi, as I believe that influences which processor is used? My Tab Pro is 16GB Wi-Fi only so has an Exynos processor, which some people believe is responsible for the lag.

So, first question, is the interface/Touchwiz at all laggy?

Second question (hopefully not pushing my luck now  ). A main reason I bought the Tab Pro was to play The Simpsons Tapped Out on a large HD screen (yeah I know, a bit mad but I love that game). The game is practically unplayable on the Tab Pro. The animations stutter/lag and the screen becomes non-responsive to tap/touch (EA are apparently aware but are not doing anything about it).

Would you be willing to install the game and see if it’s the same story on the Tab S? It’s evident the first time you see any in-game animation (within first minute of play) whether the lag and stutter is there.

If it’s all good then I can swap the Tab Pro for a Tab S so an honest opinion would be amazing.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde_Frog View Post
    Hi there, I'm really hoping you can answer this one for me if you're willing. I currently have the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (SM-T520) which I only purchased a month ago.

I’d read comments before buying that Touchwiz and the interface in general was laggy (others disagreed). I have to agree that it is laggy. Not massively so, but annoying noticeable when you are used to the buttered lightning speed of the HTC One M8.

I note you have the 32GB model; is that LTE or Wi-Fi, as I believe that influences which processor is used? My Tab Pro is 16GB Wi-Fi only so has an Exynos processor, which some people believe is responsible for the lag.

Second question (hopefully not pushing my luck now  ). A main reason I bought the Tab Pro was to play The Simpsons Tapped Out on a large HD screen (yeah I know, a bit mad but I love that game). The game is practically unplayable on the Tab Pro. The animations stutter/lag and the screen becomes non-responsive to tap/touch (EA are apparently aware but are not doing anything about it).

Would you be willing to install the game and see if it’s the same story on the Tab S? It’s evident the first time you see any in-game animation (within first minute of play) whether the lag and stutter is there.

If it’s all good then I can swap the Tab Pro for a Tab S so an honest opinion would be amazing.

Thanks in advance.

I believe it is the Exynos CPU that causes all this lag. My phone is the Note 3 with the same 3GB of Ram but with the Snapdragon 800 cpu. TBH if you can spend the money and willing to wait a few months I would return that now and get the Tab s with LTE model from wherever. You could also get the Galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition with LTE now instead which is around $600 with the Snapdragon 800 cpu inside
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde_Frog View Post

Thanks in advance.
    Yea I can install that game. It'll be when I get home from work though. But I'll update you.

I only really find lag when downloading apps. Other than that it's pretty snappy. I am using Nova Launcher as well. The 32gb version is identical to the 16 as far as CPU internals.

Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    Yea I can install that game. It'll be when I get home from work though. But I'll update you.

I only really find lag when downloading apps. Other than that it's pretty snappy. I am using Nova Launcher as well. The 32gb version is identical to the 16 as far as CPU internals.
    Cool, thank you, really appreciated. I can live with a little lag, after all we spend the majority of our time in apps anyway, but Tapped Out is the deal-breaker for me!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast