Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,182 Global Posts

Default Battery life is pretty good so far

I had bought a iPad air last December and while I loved the device because of the premium feel of it plus battery life I hated watching movies on the 4:3 aspect ratio screen. Got the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition and generally liked it but had light bleeding issues on the one I bought plus 3 replacements at Newegg. The battery life I found on the OK side. This one so far has lasted on 1 charge about 65% brightness 2 days and about 4-6 hours of screen time. While no where close to the 12 hours in the iPad air I had it is adequate enough I guess.

Default Re: Battery life is pretty good so far

4-6 hours is not impressive at all, that's a disappointment in my opinion.

The AMOLED screen is thirsty but 4-6 hours of screen on time still seems extremely low.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I had bad battery my first time using it till I turned off some apps and syncs I had going. The advertised battery should be 9-10 hrs of course depending how bright u have the screen, how many apps yours running. Watching movies u can expect way less battery life bc it eats it up. Mine gets the recommended it seems and more.. I have also used the power saving mode and limited the cpu

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,182 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    4-6 hours is not impressive at all, that's a disappointment in my opinion.

The AMOLED screen is thirsty but 4-6 hours of screen on time still seems extremely low.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I run my Screen brightness high and Wifi on about 90% of the time... My note 3 lasts around 3-6 hours average Screen time with the same conditions. I was really Ball parking the Screen time since I did do a factory reset since the Backup i had from my Note 10.1 I had like 4GB in misc files i couldn't figure out from where so i started fresh.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,182 Global Posts

This is also with 65-70% brightness

Great, great battery so far, after a couple of days of adjustments and settings. This is with brightness around 50%, enough for my eyes and environment.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,182 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erasat View Post
    Great, great battery so far, after a couple of days of adjustments and settings. This is with brightness around 50%, enough for my eyes and environment.

Attachment 126186

Attachment 126187

Attachment 126189

there's nothing there

I don't know why as I saw the images after I posted it, but now that I received the notification I checked and saw that there were just links, although when I clicked the links I could saw the pictures, I decided to edit it to embed the direct link to photobucket.

Just to update, I ended up with 8 hours of screen on time before I needed to recharge.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,182 Global Posts

I don't know why as I saw the images after I posted it, but now that I received the notification I checked and saw that there were just links, although when I clicked the links I could saw the pictures, I decided to edit it to embed the direct link to photobucket.
    whats your brightness at?

Like I mentioned above is at around 50%, more than enough for me. On my S5 I leave it at 25%.

Every day even more amazed with the great battery life I'm getting with my Tab S. This are the latest.

Battery life is pretty good so far-screenshot_2014-07-19-13-30-10.png

Battery life is pretty good so far-screenshot_2014-07-19-13-30-18.png

Battery life is pretty good so far-screenshot_2014-07-19-13-30-28.png
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,182 Global Posts

Every day even more amazed with the great battery life I'm getting with my Tab S. This are the latest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-19-13-30-10.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	128320

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-19-13-30-18.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	128321

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-19-13-30-28.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	128322
    What is your Brightness at?

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    What is your Brightness at?
    Like I mentioned above no more than 50%, I was using more or less 50%, but I went down to 40-45% so is better for me eyes while reading and browsing the Web.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,182 Global Posts

59% 40%? What is it at?

59% 40%? What is it at?
    I was replying when by mistake I hit enter and replied with just the word Like.

I just edited it.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,182 Global Posts

Like I mentioned above no more than 50%, I was using more or less 50%, but I went down to 40-45% so is better for me eyes while reading and browsing the Web.
    That's bs then... 15% more brightness takes about 6 horror difference in battery life?

That's bs then... 15% more brightness takes about 6 horror difference in battery life?
    I really don't know if you are directing that to me or talking in general, sarcasm or just a surprised comment, anyway what has been posted above by me has been from a couple of days after getting the Tab while I was still setting and adjusting it, and this latest ones are after a couple of weeks after everything has been set and the battery seems to have been broken in and responding that good.

Plus, only thing different now is that I'm not wasting juice while on stand by overnight or until I get home, now after I use it during the morning and in the afternoon when I get back home I let it resting with Ultra Power Saving mode, that seems to save me those 3 or 4 percent of battery life that would have been wasted otherwise.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,182 Global Posts

I really don't know if you are directing that to me or talking in general, sarcasm or just a surprised comment, anyway what has been posted above by me has been from a couple of days after getting the Tab while I was still setting and adjusting it, and this latest ones are after a couple of weeks after everything has been set and the battery seems to have been broken in and responding that good.

Plus, only thing different now is that I'm not wasting juice while on stand by overnight or until I get home, now after I use it during the morning and in the afternoon when I get back home I let it resting with Ultra Power Saving mode, that seems to save me those 3 or 4 percent of battery life that would have been wasted otherwise.
    I turn on airplane mode whenever I don't use it