Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

    Default Exynos cpu....

    It is crap and I really wonder why Samsung insist to keep on using it. My phone is the galaxy note 3 and with its snapdragon 800 cpu it runs TouchWiz fluidly and handles games with ease. The tab s 10.5 and the note 10.1 2014 edition which I also owned has the exynos cpu and it has problems running some games like xcom where my phone runs with ease. The DAC with the exynos is a better one but that's the only reason why I like it
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Exynos cpu....

    You can't compare the Note 3 which has a 1080p screen to a tablet with a 2560x1600 screen...

    The sheer amount of pixels the tablet has to push is responsible for the decrease in performance.

    Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Exynos cpu....

    Umm, there's the obvious answer that it's designed and built by Samsung? Putting it into products means they can increase their profit margin and continue to fund further development which will bring them closer to independence from Qualcomm.

    Honestly, the latest generation of Exynos is much improved over the past, and I think people are more critical because of the previous generations. Snapdragon has more developer support, partly because Qualcomm spends more time working with the community, but most users should be fine with Exynos (even if it is a second-place choice).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

    Default Re: Exynos cpu....

    Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    You can't compare the Note 3 which has a 1080p screen to a tablet with a 2560x1600 screen...

    The sheer amount of pixels the tablet has to push is responsible for the decrease in performance.

    Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Your point? The Snapdragon 800 is in the LTE model of the Note 10.1 2014 model and the Tab pro 8.4 with the same resolution and both run more smooth then the Exynos ... and By a long shot
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

    Default Re: Exynos cpu....

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
    Umm, there's the obvious answer that it's designed and built by Samsung? Putting it into products means they can increase their profit margin and continue to fund further development which will bring them closer to independence from Qualcomm.

    Honestly, the latest generation of Exynos is much improved over the past, and I think people are more critical because of the previous generations. Snapdragon has more developer support, partly because Qualcomm spends more time working with the community, but most users should be fine with Exynos (even if it is a second-place choice).
    Still doesn't mean it isn't Crap .... Can't even run Castlevile which my niece loves to play nor Xcom and few other games .... Exynos CPU is crap and might return it and wait to see if they put in the Snapdragon 801 in the LTE variants
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Exynos cpu....

    Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    Still doesn't mean it isn't Crap .... Can't even run Castlevile which my niece loves to play nor Xcom and few other games .... Exynos CPU is crap and might return it and wait to see if they put in the Snapdragon 801 in the LTE variants
    I thought in another thread you said Castleville stopped working after updating to 4.4.2..... Just curious, is that an Exynos problem or a problem with the game?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

    Default Re: Exynos cpu....

    Quote Originally Posted by dcaplinger76 View Post
    I thought in another thread you said Castleville stopped working after updating to 4.4.2..... Just curious, is that an Exynos problem or a problem with the game?

    Idk really about Castleville ... My Phone runs it fine on Android 4.4.2 with the Snapdragon 800 cpu and I doubt resolution difference is the problem
  8. #8  
    Aredubu's Avatar

    Posts
    445 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts

    Default Re: Exynos cpu....

    As much as I like this tablet, and I do like it, it definitely lags in a few areas, compared to my Sony Xperia Z2 tablet. Specifically, opening Web pages, switching between apps, and running Dead Trigger. I assumed it was because of the UI, but it could very well be the processor. As awesome as the display is, and it is noticeably brighter and sharper than the Z2, I'll be returning this tablet today and staying with the Z2. That is at least until the next batch of Nexus tablets are released.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Exynos cpu....

    Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    As much as I like this tablet, and I do like it, it definitely lags in a few areas, compared to my Sony Xperia Z2 tablet. Specifically, opening Web pages, switching between apps, and running Dead Trigger. I assumed it was because of the UI, but it could very well be the processor. As awesome as the display is, and it is noticeably brighter and sharper than the Z2, I'll be returning this tablet today and staying with the Z2. That is at least until the next batch of Nexus tablets are released.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I am debating whether to buy the xperia z2 tablet or the Samsung tab s. What are your thought? I think the screen is better on Sammy but I don't like the physical button and not a huge fan of TouchWiz but I could live with it.

    Posted via an undisclosed location on my LG G2
  10. #10  
    Aredubu's Avatar

    Posts
    445 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts

    Default Re: Exynos cpu....

    There are some Z2 owners having,problems with their tablets. I was one of them until the latest update. No more issues. The cpu and graphics processors are awesome. It doesn't have the ppi that the Tab S has but it is still a great display. It's a tough call, but for me, that Home button and TouchWiz were deal breakers.

    Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

    Default Re: Exynos cpu....

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel J Sonnenberg View Post
    I am debating whether to buy the xperia z2 tablet or the Samsung tab s. What are your thought? I think the screen is better on Sammy but I don't like the physical button and not a huge fan of TouchWiz but I could live with it.

    Posted via an undisclosed location on my LG G2
    IDK why people hate physical buttons ... The on screen takes up space which is about a good 2 inches. TBH i seen a Z2 Tablet and for me the Screen is everything considering your using it the most so Tab s is better... Just use a Skin on top of Touchwiz if you hate it that much
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Exynos cpu....

    People hate physical buttons because they restrict you to a specific orientation. It's unergonomic to use a device with physical buttons in a portrait position especially if the button is placed smack in the centre of the device in landscape.

    On Screen buttons will rotate with you, hence no ergonomic issues.

    Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

    Default Re: Exynos cpu....

    Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    People hate physical buttons because they restrict you to a specific orientation. It's unergonomic to use a device with physical buttons in a portrait position especially if the button is placed smack in the centre of the device in landscape.

    On Screen buttons will rotate with you, hence no ergonomic issues.

    Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    I had that same problem with my nexus 5...
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Exynos cpu....

    Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    IDK why people hate physical buttons ... The on screen takes up space which is about a good 2 inches. TBH i seen a Z2 Tablet and for me the Screen is everything considering your using it the most so Tab s is better... Just use a Skin on top of Touchwiz if you hate it that much
    I don't hate physical buttons but I agree with others that it ties you to an orientation. I want the buttons to move with the orientation. As for TouchWiz I can live with it. I was all for the z2 tablet until the tab s and that screen came out. I'll watch a lot movies and games on it so I want an awesome screen. I'm torn.

    Posted via an undisclosed location on my LG G2
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

    Default Re: Exynos cpu....

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel J Sonnenberg View Post
    I don't hate physical buttons but I agree with others that it ties you to an orientation. I want the buttons to move with the orientation. As for TouchWiz I can live with it. I was all for the z2 tablet until the tab s and that screen came out. I'll watch a lot movies and games on it so I want an awesome screen. I'm torn.

    Posted via an undisclosed location on my LG G2
    If you don't mind it then tab s > z2 but that's my opinion

Similar Threads

  1. How to root you Unlocked Exynos Galaxy S4
    By Chris Parsons in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2016, 11:30 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2015, 07:17 AM
  3. Instagram taking too much CPU???
    By Arty-G in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2014, 09:07 PM
  4. Typical CPU temperature for Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition)?
    By Goldenchest in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 03:38 PM
  5. EXYNOS vs SNAPDRAGON Chipsets
    By Byron 5 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-17-2014, 08:14 AM

Posting Permissions