Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Bluetooth Keyboard Cover release?

Anyone have any info on when these will be available?

Default Re: Samsung Bluetooth Keyboard Cover release?

Best buy is selling it online right now. The us, not canada.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cherdawg28 View Post
    Figures.

lol
    Phones: LG Nexus 5 & Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 & Asus Nexus 7 (2012)

Quote Originally Posted by cherdawg28 View Post
    No they are selling the Logitech branded one

No, the person who said they were selling it at best buy was correct. Here is the link, Samsung Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 EJ-CT800UAEGUJ - Best Buy

Quote Originally Posted by Everlast716 View Post
    No, the person who said they were selling it at best buy was correct. Here is the link, Samsung Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 EJ-CT800UAEGUJ - Best Buy
    Weird.... When I went to the store they only had the Logitech one and when I checked online as well. $129 for that is a bit steep for a Bluetooth keyboard imo
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- Verizon
    Motorola Droid Turbo - Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- t-mobile
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32GB Wifi
    Apple iPad Air 2 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3- T-mobile
    Nexus 5 32GB
    Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket AT&T
    iPhone 4 AT&T
    iPhone 3GS AT&T

Yeah I think its at the warehouse and should be in stores soon, I added one to my cart and it said I could either pick it up in stores in 3-5 days or have it shipped to my house. I am gonna wait for a sale maybe $100 would be my sweet spot, I completely agree $129 is kind of absurd.

Yeah, that price does seem a little steep. it doesnt even cover the back of the tablet...

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

If you google EJ-CT800UAEGUJ for White and EJ-CT800UAEGUJ for Bronze you will see that even when is not In Stock anywhere, the price is around $83 in all of them except Best Buy. In one of them ShopBLT they even have 60 ordered and due for the 19th.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Yeah, BB seems to be toting the line in regards to pre release pricing by Samsung. Once everyone starts getting them, I suspect there will be prices lower than what BB wants now. I am waiting on a white one as well as Sears getting them in stock so I can use the 104.00 credit (Shop your way rewards points) I got when I purchased the Tab S from them.
    Everlast716 likes this.

I received my Samsung Galaxy Tab S Bluetooth keyboard (Titanium) today. Here are my initial observations:

1) Beautiful keyboard, looks very clean and professional
    2) Keys are responsive (sometimes minor lag), key stroke (1.5mm) and incurved keys a plus
    3) Key pitch (16.01mm) a tad small, but it is a 10.5 tablet (use to the Note pro 12.2 keyboard size, since returned)
    4) Nice latching mechanism
    5) Needs track pad
    6) Minimal protection against drops (although not tested)
    7) Minor instability when mounted and using touchscreen

I rate this keyboard 8.5/10 and I would purchase it again. Although I wish it was less expensive, will try to price match with BB, once availability increases.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Peace and Blessings,

Azeke
    Thanked by:

Awesome to hear I like mine too!!

Posted via Android Central App

On a keyboard like this, if you want to use the tablet as a "tablet" not as a PC substitute (ie, use without the keyboard) how do you hold the combination and how well does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Berg View Post
    On a keyboard like this, if you want to use the tablet as a "tablet" not as a PC substitute (ie, use without the keyboard) how do you hold the combination and how well does it work?
    I'm not sure that I fully understand your question, however I will try to answer. If you don't want the combo and only use the tablet you would just turn the Bluetooth keyboard off (on/off switch on rear of k/b). Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

I'm trying to figure out how to hold it physically. Do you detach the keyboard when you want to use it as a tablet? I'm visualizing my hand pressing against the keys where they would be if you fold back the keyboard.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I'm trying to figure out how to hold it physically. Do you detach the keyboard when you want to use it as a tablet? I'm visualizing my hand pressing against the keys where they would be if you fold back the keyboard.
    To my knowledge, the keyboard doesn't flip back, or otherwise stay connected to the tablet when not in use. I also don't believe that you can "snap" it in place on the back of the tablet screen for storage when only using the tablet. You would just turn off the keyboard and set it aside when using just the tablet/screen in touch mode.

So the keyboard may not be for everyone if they use a keyboard for very little during operation but would be very useful for someone like me when creating/answering longer emails, taking notes during a meeting/phone conversation, or using this as a pseudo laptop replacement.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I am VERY interested in this keyboard, but I am curious to know if you can snap/lock the tablet into the case/keyboard with the tablet facing upwards - in order to use the tablet without the need for the physical keyboard? Otherwise, when the keyboard is not required - the user only wants to use the tablet, the keyboard would need to be set aside, therefore the keyboard and tablet would be 2 separate items to keep track of. Thanks...

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

Tablet only snaps in in one direction. That is face down for storage. When you place the tablet in the keyboard for typing, it doesn't click in or anything. It appears that there is a lip that sort of snags the tablet and holds it fairly securely. I don't see it falling out unless you turn the keyboard sideways or upside down obviously.

- 13.3 MBP Retina
    - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    - Samsung Galaxy Gear 2
    - iPad Air 2 128GB
    - 32GB Nexus 9

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

You can't fold anything backwards. To use the tablet without the keyboard you simply separate the two.

- 13.3 MBP Retina
    - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    - Samsung Galaxy Gear 2
    - iPad Air 2 128GB
    - 32GB Nexus 9

Quote Originally Posted by Everlast716 View Post

Samsung is selling it for $129.00

I ordered one, but was told it is on back order.

Anywhere selling them in the UK?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

FINALLY! For those of us that ordered our Tab S from Sears and received Shop Your Way Reward Points (worth 105.00), Sears is now showing the White keyboard is available. They are pricing it at 149.00 but with my points and free shipping my total (with MI tax) was approx. 47.00 with an expected delivery date next Tuesday Aug 5th.

Samsung 10.5 Tab S Bluetooth Keyboard Cover- White - Computers - Tablet & eReader Accessories - Covers, Cases & Sleeves
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast