Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    670 Global Posts

    Default System UI crash when using Chromecast

    So it looks like the Android System UI crash that was present on the Tab Pro line still has issues with the Tab S. When Chromecasting music or movies, when you pull down the Notification tray, you'll get a lovely Android System UI crash popup that doesn't dismiss. Only solution is trying to restart the device. Stinks.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Lmao just noticed the same thing.... Was about to see if I can return it
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- Verizon
    Motorola Droid Turbo - Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- t-mobile
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32GB Wifi
    Apple iPad Air 2 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3- T-mobile
    Nexus 5 32GB
    Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket AT&T
    iPhone 4 AT&T
    iPhone 3GS AT&T
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    670 Global Posts

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    Lmao just noticed the same thing.... Was about to see if I can return it
    It sucks. Doesn't have issues with Netflix or HBO Go. Appears to be only Google Play content. I guess I'll just use it on my phone for now. I did email samsung. I would advise anyone having the issue to do the same.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    It sucks. Doesn't have issues with Netflix or HBO Go. Appears to be only Google Play content. I guess I'll just use it on my phone for now. I did email samsung. I would advise anyone having the issue to do the same.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I was trying to watch last week's episode of halt and catch fire on AMC website and noticed I can use Chrome cast with it and after I finished it crashed the os repeatedly
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- Verizon
    Motorola Droid Turbo - Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- t-mobile
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32GB Wifi
    Apple iPad Air 2 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3- T-mobile
    Nexus 5 32GB
    Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket AT&T
    iPhone 4 AT&T
    iPhone 3GS AT&T
  5. #5  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Same crashing with WatchESPN and Chromecast
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    670 Global Posts

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    I'd recommend blasting the Android bloggers to get some press on the issue. Maybe it'll get fixed then.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Even after the Tab S update and Chromecast update this week, still crashes :-/. Did Samsung ever fix the crash on the Pro line?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    670 Global Posts

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Quote Originally Posted by isosunrise View Post
    Even after the Tab S update and Chromecast update this week, still crashes :-/. Did Samsung ever fix the crash on the Pro line?
    There's a thread on xda. I think it has to do with volume slider in notification tray. Something with the code because if you turn off the slider, crash still happens.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    I'm constantly experiencing this problem with Chromecast & Goggle Play content. I hope a fix is found soon.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Mine doesn't crash. What's different? Make sure I'm understanding this correctly. Got my chromecast open it's playing a movie. I pull down the notification screen , & I don't get an error. the movie is still playing. Id even paused it through the notification screen and paused it going back to Netflix app. I even sent myself an email from my phone so that the tablet would get the notification while the movie was playing. No problem.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Nexus 6, 64gb
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5"
    Chromecast
    Vizio Co-Star
  11. #11  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnDroid View Post
    Mine doesn't crash. What's different? Make sure I'm understanding this correctly. Got my chromecast open it's playing a movie. I pull down the notification screen , & I don't get an error. the movie is still playing. Id even paused it through the notification screen and paused it going back to Netflix app. I even sent myself an email from my phone so that the tablet would get the notification while the movie was playing. No problem.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    It sucks. Doesn't have issues with Netflix or HBO Go. Appears to be only Google Play content. I guess I'll just use it on my phone for now. I did email samsung. I would advise anyone having the issue to do the same.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Google Play, WatchESPN, ...
  12. #12  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Still don't got it. What Google Play items?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Nexus 6, 64gb
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5"
    Chromecast
    Vizio Co-Star
  13. #13  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnDroid View Post
    Still don't got it. What Google Play items?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Chromecast contents from Google play music and Google play movies, pull down the notification bar, then report back
  14. #14  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Just bought the tab S and Chromecast. Updated both right away and I can cast apps such as Pandora and Chrome fine but YouTube initiates the same crash everyone has mentioned here. I guess we're stuck waiting for yet another update...
  15. #15  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Sorry for the delayed response. I don't use Google Music, Play or ESPN. That explains why I'm not having troubles I opened G Music, but couldn't find a Chromecast icon (this was while I had Netflix casting. Sorry.
    Nexus 6, 64gb
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5"
    Chromecast
    Vizio Co-Star
  16. #16  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    I am new to this site. I have a similar problem. In fact I have been looking for a forum that discusses this issue, you are the first site to do so, even if my situation is somewhat different. Whenever I use the notification bar, by swiping it downward, using Next home screen launcher's notification shortcut, or any other methods to access the notifications function, I get the persistent "system ui" crash/error pop-up. I have to restart my phone each time.

    I called Samsung tech and followed the clear cache and reboot instructions from the tech, but no improvement after my second attempt to access the notification bar.

    No particular app, running or not, appears to be the root cause. I have unrooted, VZ Galaxy Note 3, with update to KitKat 4.4.2 N900V. I have had this issue from date of purchase in October 2013.

    Any fixes possible?

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #17  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Just a quick question about the chromecast. Can I use this setup to watch HDMI movies from my tab through to the TV? As I'm in the process of hunting down a MHL/HDMI adapter but if I can use a chromecast I'd get that.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    I have had no issues using chromecast. I recently watched the free Hunger Games that came with the Tab S with no problems.

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #19  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    What app did you use to watch it and how'd you get the free hunger games?
    Cheers
  20. #20  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Quote Originally Posted by ppophil View Post
    I have had no issues using chromecast. I recently watched the free Hunger Games that came with the Tab S with no problems.
    It always plays fine until you pull down the notification drawer. The bug people are complaining about is the nasty crash when you pull the drawer down. Are you able to pull down the drawer will watching a movie on Google Play Movies without crashing?
  21. #21  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    The Hunger Games app in the playstore. There is a code for the 2 movies.

    Posted via Android Central App
  22. #22  
    F2
    F2 is offline
    F2's Avatar

    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    28,682 Global Posts

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Quote Originally Posted by ppophil View Post
    The Hunger Games app in the playstore. There is a code for the 2 movies.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Is/are the movies free? I recall there was some freebie movies with the purchase of the tab? Or is this a chromecast option?

    Thanks in advance.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Is/are the movies free? I recall there was some freebie movies with the purchase of the tab? Or is this a chromecast option?

    Thanks in advance.
    The movies are free. They are Google movies codes

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- Verizon
    Motorola Droid Turbo - Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- t-mobile
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32GB Wifi
    Apple iPad Air 2 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3- T-mobile
    Nexus 5 32GB
    Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket AT&T
    iPhone 4 AT&T
    iPhone 3GS AT&T
    Thanked by:
    F2 
  24. #24  

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    So it looks like the Android System UI crash that was present on the Tab Pro line still has issues with the Tab S. When Chromecasting music or movies, when you pull down the Notification tray, you'll get a lovely Android System UI crash popup that doesn't dismiss. Only solution is trying to restart the device. Stinks.
    This bug has bee fixed! I was having the same issue and just updated a few minutes ago and it's all resolved. It's working like a charm!
  25. #25  
    ednoel's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Belly v1.8

    Default Re: System UI crash when using Chromecast

    Quote Originally Posted by Iovany Garcia View Post
    This bug has bee fixed! I was having the same issue and just updated a few minutes ago and it's all resolved. It's working like a charm!
    What updated? Because as of tonight I'm still having the issue.

Similar Threads

  1. Mega did a system update now aftermarket screen will not work
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 05:30 PM
  2. watching movies on chromecast using the " Cast Button"
    By droidman401 in forum Google Chromecast
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 10:20 PM
  3. change font size without using volume slide
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 01:29 PM
  4. Media using up battery?
    By ansa82 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 12:56 PM
  5. After reboot Samsung S3 i cant use my phone
    By littleroad in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 09:44 AM

Posting Permissions