System UI crash when using Chromecast

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So it looks like the Android System UI crash that was present on the Tab Pro line still has issues with the Tab S. When Chromecasting music or movies, when you pull down the Notification tray, you'll get a lovely Android System UI crash popup that doesn't dismiss. Only solution is trying to restart the device. Stinks.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Lmao just noticed the same thing.... Was about to see if I can return it

It sucks. Doesn't have issues with Netflix or HBO Go. Appears to be only Google Play content. I guess I'll just use it on my phone for now. I did email samsung. I would advise anyone having the issue to do the same.

Posted via Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It sucks. Doesn't have issues with Netflix or HBO Go. Appears to be only Google Play content. I guess I'll just use it on my phone for now. I did email samsung. I would advise anyone having the issue to do the same.

I was trying to watch last week's episode of halt and catch fire on AMC website and noticed I can use Chrome cast with it and after I finished it crashed the os repeatedly

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Even after the Tab S update and Chromecast update this week, still crashes :-/. Did Samsung ever fix the crash on the Pro line?

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Even after the Tab S update and Chromecast update this week, still crashes :-/. Did Samsung ever fix the crash on the Pro line?

There's a thread on xda. I think it has to do with volume slider in notification tray. Something with the code because if you turn off the slider, crash still happens.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't crash. What's different? Make sure I'm understanding this correctly. Got my chromecast open it's playing a movie. I pull down the notification screen , & I don't get an error. the movie is still playing. Id even paused it through the notification screen and paused it going back to Netflix app. I even sent myself an email from my phone so that the tablet would get the notification while the movie was playing. No problem.

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't crash. What's different? Make sure I'm understanding this correctly. Got my chromecast open it's playing a movie. I pull down the notification screen , & I don't get an error. the movie is still playing. Id even paused it through the notification screen and paused it going back to Netflix app. I even sent myself an email from my phone so that the tablet would get the notification while the movie was playing. No problem.

Google Play, WatchESPN, ...

nickknaack

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Just bought the tab S and Chromecast. Updated both right away and I can cast apps such as Pandora and Chrome fine but YouTube initiates the same crash everyone has mentioned here. I guess we're stuck waiting for yet another update...

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the delayed response. I don't use Google Music, Play or ESPN. That explains why I'm not having troubles :) I opened G Music, but couldn't find a Chromecast icon (this was while I had Netflix casting. Sorry.

SamiNote3VZ

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I am new to this site. I have a similar problem. In fact I have been looking for a forum that discusses this issue, you are the first site to do so, even if my situation is somewhat different. Whenever I use the notification bar, by swiping it downward, using Next home screen launcher's notification shortcut, or any other methods to access the notifications function, I get the persistent "system ui" crash/error pop-up. I have to restart my phone each time.

I called Samsung tech and followed the clear cache and reboot instructions from the tech, but no improvement after my second attempt to access the notification bar.

No particular app, running or not, appears to be the root cause. I have unrooted, VZ Galaxy Note 3, with update to KitKat 4.4.2 N900V. I have had this issue from date of purchase in October 2013.

Any fixes possible?

Dogart

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Just a quick question about the chromecast. Can I use this setup to watch HDMI movies from my tab through to the TV? As I'm in the process of hunting down a MHL/HDMI adapter but if I can use a chromecast I'd get that.

ppophil

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I have had no issues using chromecast. I recently watched the free Hunger Games that came with the Tab S with no problems.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have had no issues using chromecast. I recently watched the free Hunger Games that came with the Tab S with no problems.

It always plays fine until you pull down the notification drawer. The bug people are complaining about is the nasty crash when you pull the drawer down. Are you able to pull down the drawer will watching a movie on Google Play Movies without crashing?