saw the s for first time today and....

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am unimpressed. Colors are saturated, but the screen resolution etc is no better to my eyes than my note 10.1 2014 and my note pro 12.2. Moreover, I think it's way overpriced for what you get. While I'm sure it costs samsung more for the screen, I'm just saying that it's no better than samsungs other high end 10 inch tablets, and no s-pen capability either. I bet in six month it'll be $399. If they bring out a note version of the S I would buy it. I'm still hoping sam s ing brings out the reported 13.3 inch code named Warhol.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I am unimpressed. Colors are saturated, but the screen resolution etc is no better to my eyes than my note 10.1 2014 and my note pro 12.2. Moreover, I think it's way overpriced for what you get. While I'm sure it costs samsung more for the screen, I'm just saying that it's no better than samsungs other high end 10 inch tablets, and no s-pen capability either. I bet in six month it'll be $399. If they bring out a note version of the S I would buy it. I'm still hoping sam s ing brings out the reported 13.3 inch code named Warhol.

Um... the point of an AMOLED screen is to provide saturated colours which are eye popping to the user. The screen is also capable of providing accurate colours through the use of the built in screen modes.

Of course there is no resolution difference when it has the same resolution as all of the other Samsung tablets. Samsung never stated it had a different resolution...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I understand amoled. All I'm saying is there's nothing special about this tablet, especially for $500. As I said, if it was a note it would be worthwhile. But as it stands the 19 inch pro tablet, the note 2014, etc are equal to or better.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I understand amoled. All I'm saying is there's nothing special about this tablet, especially for $500. As I said, if it was a note it would be worthwhile. But as it stands the 19 inch pro tablet, the note 2014, etc are equal to or better.
That is your opinion ..... My opinion is I love SuperAMOLED screens and dislike LCD screens...

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If you had any experience with note 2014 OR the note pro 12.2 you'd understand what I'm talking about. I was excited when I heard about the s, but actually seeing and p l aging with it came away happy I didn't jump in and buy it.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If you had any experience with note 2014 OR the note pro 12.2 you'd understand what I'm talking about. I was excited when I heard about the s, but actually seeing and p l aging with it came away happy I didn't jump in and buy it.

I do have experience with those tablets and I can still appreciate how much better the AMOLED screen looks. Is the Note a more productive device? Of course but that's the nature of the Tab S lineup, it is more consumption oriented than the Note lineup.

djmiked

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if the 2014 note is so good, why would have considered the Tab S if it was a note version if your 2014 note 10.1 is equal or better, doesn't make sense?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I owned the note 10.1 2014 edition and hated it..... Had light bleeding issues on 3 of them which I had to exchange 3 times and the color wasn't as vibrant as my phone (note 3). Light bleeding issues are only an issue with lcd screens

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I owned the note 10.1 2014 edition and hated it..... Had light bleeding issues on 3 of them which I had to exchange 3 times and the color wasn't as vibrant as my phone (note 3). Light bleeding issues are only an issue with lcd screens

Your Note 3 has an AMOLED screen, you can't expect a regular LCD screen to compete with an AMOLED screen in terms of vibrance and saturation. With saturated colours come vibrant colours.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Well the s is a bit thinner and lighter than the 10.1 2014 , so that's why. Satisfied? I wasn't putting down the s --I'm a big samsung tab fan. I just thought it didn't offer much more for the price.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
My 2014 and my wife's have been perfect, no light bleed, no problems at all.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Right, that's what I do -- sit home with a busy schedule wanting to "hate on" amoled screens, btw, is "hate on" some kind of Appalachian hillbilly phrase? Never heard here in the east, lol. PLEASE, no response. Just fooking with you.

Tbh I just think he just wants am excuse to hate on amoled screens...

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My 2014 and my wife's have been perfect, no light bleed, no problems at all.
Well the 3 I had begs to differ.... Sold it and cut my losses. Lcd can have light bleeding issues because if the backlight which AMOLED doesn't have a backlight which is why the s is thinner and can't have light bleeding issues

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Right, that's what I do -- sit home with a busy schedule wanting to "hate on" amoled screens, btw, is "hate on" some kind of Appalachian hillbilly phrase? Never heard here in the east, lol. PLEASE, no response. Just fooking with you.
So it took you a long time to make this thread? You can easily make threads on the go.

You do realize the Appalachian mountains are in the east right?

Azekecse

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
FYI,

I returned my 12.2 Galaxy Pro Note for the 10.5 Tab S. Enjoy the Tab S much better, however I didn't utilize the SPen much. The screen is much better IMHO, and the accessories (i.e. Samsung BT keyboard & Bookcase) are better engineered for this device. Please don't shoot the messenger...

Just my humble thoughts. I hope this helps others.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair