Annoying Popups

richtd

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know how to get rid of these popups:

1. Whenever you boot up your tablet it always says an SD card is inserted on the notification drawer.

2. Whenever I turn on GPS, Location Consent always pops up saying if I agree for Google to collect data. It still pops up even when I agreed after I turn it off then back on again.

Lastly the weather widget can only refresh when you have GPS on. It doesn't need GPS for my S4. Why does it need it for my Tab S.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
1. Nope. It will do that any time you insert an SD card.
2. Same here. It needs to ask for your permission to use location services.

The S4 likely has mobile data on at all times, so it will at least refresh data for the last city you used it in. For the Tab S, it has to check your current location to give you up to date info.

richtd

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
1. My SD card is always in. I didn't take it out and insert it while my tablet was on or off.
2. It doesn't show that on my S4. Is there no Never ask me again or Always agree option for this on the Tab S?

My S4 can still refresh it without GPS and mobile data with only wifi on. Even with airplane mode and wifi on.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
1. My SD card is always in. I didn't take it out and insert it while my tablet was on or off.
2. It doesn't show that on my S4. Is there no Never ask me again or Always agree option for this on the Tab S?

My S4 can still refresh it without GPS and mobile data with only wifi on. Even with airplane mode and wifi on.

1. Turning on your tablet has the same effect.
2. Not as far as I know. The default actions is only for apps you want to open.

WiFi acts as the location service. That's why you can do it without GPS as well

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I figured it out. On my phone, when I hold the Location button in the quick settings, it has a WiFi icon and GPS icon. Depending on how many times I do it, it will change from using GPS, WiFi, none or both as your means of finding the location. I'm not sure if it's like that on your tablet, but it should still be an option within location settings.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I hope the broad "annoying popups" allows my question. Just got the Tab S yesterday. I keep getting a popup to the effect "would you give Google permission to check your apps/device." Is there a setting to turn this off. It suggests see Google Settings. Where the heck is Google Settings since that seems quite generic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34