Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By ibill1
  • 2 Post By blacks0ull
  • 1 Post By GatsbyGlen
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Youtube HD Quality

Hi I bought A Galaxy Tab S 10.5" yesterday so first thing I did was watch the video on the home screen and was amazed looks stunning....then I checked out some so called 1080p HD videos on youtube😳 the quality is a bit rubbish why is this?

I have a 120mb connection and Netflix movies look amazing but I use youtube a lot and am very disappointed with the quality has anybody else noticed this?

Default Re: Youtube HD Quality

Quote Originally Posted by Hooter23 View Post
    Hi I bought A Galaxy Tab S 10.5" yesterday so first thing I did was watch the video on the home screen and was amazed looks stunning....then I checked out some so called 1080p HD videos on youtube😳 the quality is a bit rubbish why is this?

I have a 120mb connection and Netflix movies look amazing but I use youtube a lot and am very disappointed with the quality has anybody else noticed this?
    I have a high speed connection as well and just watched several HD clips on YouTube. Some look outstanding while others are a bit grainy. It may be the source material Take a look at the Greek Islands Santorini Extended Length Relaxation clip (or any of the relaxation clips posted by David Huting) and see what you think of them.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Looks good but not stunning like the included video on the tablet ... The included video must be more than 1080p resolution I normally don't noticed the difference between 720p and 1080p on a TV but being so close to a tablet screen u see a huge difference....

Because Samsung got a video to look optimized for the screen. For YouTube it depends on the source material
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- t-mobile
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32GB Wifi
    Apple iPad Air 2 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3- T-mobile
    Nexus 5 32GB
    Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket AT&T
    iPhone 4 AT&T
    iPhone 3GS AT&T
    Thanked by:

You want to really show off your 10.5? Do this.
    Download tubemate from tubemate.net, it might be in the app store.
    In search, type 4K
    Look for videos from Jacob and Katie Schwartz.
    When downloading choose the second option from the top 2560X1440
    They are incredible. I suppose you could just go to youtube and watch but I wanted them on my Tab
    My favorites,
    Costa Rica
    Birds of prey
    Wildlife
    You'll see your Tab at its finest.
    When you are done and go back to Tubemate. At the top you'll see symbols and when clicked it brings up options, one being downloads.
    It will show you all your downloads. If you click the symbol at the far right of your downloads, you'll have an option to move them to your SD card.
    Thanked by 3:
    GatsbyGlen and erasat like this.

The Samsung demo video is shot in 4k video resoloution so it looks amazing on the screen. Your only watching 1080P on youtube try watching 4k trailers you will see the difference.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks those videos are stunning I have a problem moving the downloaded videos to sd card though when I do so the video do not work it just says file not found....Any ideas why?

Thanks those videos are stunning I have a problem moving the downloaded videos to sd card though when I do so the video do not work it just says file not found....Any ideas why?
    I'm sorry I don't. Did you click the little down arrow at the far right of each video? It could be the card. I'm using a Samsung Evo 32gb. Others using this card have had good success with it. It is $17.99 on Amazon. I would try deleting them and downloading again if you can. It can't hurt.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Ya I tried deleting them already and downloading again if I format the sd card it might work then I took pictures and video with the tab and it saved them to the sd card okay not sure what the problem is....Thanks for your help anyway☺
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Well I couldn't save my videos to sd card downloaded from tubemate but found a way to transfer them to sd card just look for your downloaded video the select it and click the icon top right and select move to album then just copy into one of your sd card folders problem solved☺

Has anyone tried using the video quality selector with the YouTube app? I can bring it up, but changing a selection, for example to 1440 doesn't stick. In fact, I can't change it to any other setting besides the one it defaults to. I tried a 720p video, which it defaulted to, but was unable to change it to 480p as a test.

Youtube HD Quality-screenshot_2014-08-17-19-40-16.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GatsbyGlen View Post
    Has anyone tried using the video quality selector with the YouTube app? I can bring it up, but changing a selection, for example to 1440 doesn't stick. In fact, I can't change it to any other setting besides the one it defaults to. I tried a 720p video, which it defaulted to, but was unable to change it to 480p as a test.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-17-19-40-16.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	288.8 KB 
ID:	132612
    Hello mate,

I had this issue but I've manage to fix it by doing in this way

1. uninstall the update of the YouTube
    2. disable the YT app from the APPS screen
    3. close all the APPS including YT or GooglePlay
    4. install again YT from GooglePlay Market by clicking ENABLE then UPDATE

After this, you will be able to select 1440p and the APP will really play 1440p videos, even more, every time when you will find 1 video which it's on 1440p the APP automatically will play it in 1440p.

Hope this helps!
    Thanked by:
    GatsbyGlen and erasat like this.

Thanks mate. That did the trick!
    blacks0ull likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GatsbyGlen View Post
    Thanks mate. That did the trick!
    I'm glad that now it works

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

This worked great last month when I saw this the first time, but after today's YouTube update it was broken again, so I just tried this, twice, and now it seems that isnot working this time.

Can somebody double check this?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by blacks0ull View Post
    Hello mate,

I had this issue but I've manage to fix it by doing in this way

1. uninstall the update of the YouTube
    2. disable the YT app from the APPS screen
    3. close all the APPS including YT or GooglePlay
    4. install again YT from GooglePlay Market by clicking ENABLE then UPDATE

After this, you will be able to select 1440p and the APP will really play 1440p videos, even more, every time when you will find 1 video which it's on 1440p the APP automatically will play it in 1440p.

Hope this helps!

This no longer works for either. There isn't even any option anymore for 1440p.

I had to unapply all updates just to get the 1080p option back at least although I still do not have 1440p . ..until further notices I won't be updating youtube anytime soon