Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default is there a good-looking case that will completely protect the edges of the Tab S?

is there a good-looking case that will completely protect the edges of the Tab S? Thanks!

Default Re: is there a good-looking case that will completely protect the edges of the Tab S?

I just ordered one from Amazon, the company is WAWO, and it's basically a ripoff of the Poetic slim line design hehe. IVSO has similar cases as well (that's the one I have on my Note 10.1, which I'm selling). They protect all the edges, except for the port and button openings and the bottom,where the flip cover needs to fold.
    Amazon.com: WAWO Creative Smart Tri-fold Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5-inch Tablet - Black: Computers & Accessories

Poetic does have a full body armor, but to my taste, it's not good looking, but for you it might be.
    http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Samsung...idcentral00-20

And, of course, there's the Samsung official Book Cover. That thing is nifty, and wraps around the entire tablet, but it's not a hard edge, like the ones above.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

Default Re: is there a good-looking case that will completely protect the edges of the Tab S?

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I just ordered one from Amazon, the company is WAWO, and it's basically a ripoff of the Poetic slim line design hehe. IVSO has similar cases as well (that's the one I have on my Note 10.1, which I'm selling). They protect all the edges, except for the port and button openings and the bottom,where the flip cover needs to fold.
    Amazon.com: WAWO Creative Smart Tri-fold Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5-inch Tablet - Black: Computers & Accessories

Poetic does have a full body armor, but to my taste, it's not good looking, but for you it might be.
    http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Samsung...idcentral00-20

And, of course, there's the Samsung official Book Cover. That thing is nifty, and wraps around the entire tablet, but it's not a hard edge, like the ones above.
    I like my Book cover but quite expensive at like $70 or $60 ( forgot full retail price). Got mine at Bestbuy at release for $30

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    I like my Book cover but quite expensive at like $70 or $60 ( forgot full retail price). Got mine at Bestbuy at release for $30
    Wow! That was a great deal! Or those who got a free one with pre-orders. Alas, I do not repent not getting this tablet at launch, for now the 32GB version is available. But I would like to get one of those fancy Book covers, but yeah, the price is just nuts.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

Wow! That was a great deal! Or those who got a free one with pre-orders. Alas, I do not repent not getting this tablet at launch, for now the 32GB version is available. But I would like to get one of those fancy Book covers, but yeah, the price is just nuts.
    Try amazon but they are 3rd party resellers

Yeah, I bought one in there from a brand I've used before, but the original Samsung one is just so nice, and so far I haven't found one just like that. If you know of one, please do send me the link hehe

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

It is a great book cover. I received it for 1/2 price also and thought at the time I would never pay $75 dollars for it. Now that I have it, I would. I see no sense in investing $500 on a slate then housing it in a cheap looking cover. Just buy it. Soon you will forget about the cost.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

Yeah, I bought one in there from a brand I've used before, but the original Samsung one is just so nice, and so far I haven't found one just like that. If you know of one, please do send me the link hehe
    Yeah 3rd party resellers are selling the book covers for cheaper around 50 but it may vary if you get a legit one

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    Yeah 3rd party resellers are selling the book covers for cheaper around 50 but it may vary if you get a legit one
    Care to share a link? I really don't see anything JUST like the Samsung one. I mean, I see book covers, but none that have that nice 'trapper keeper' folding tab, the 'origami copycat' folding stand, or the magnetic (are they magnetic?) cover attachments. I really don't like the elastic band ones, they look/feel so cheap haha.

Try the Origami Case by Roo Case. it's $25 on Amazon.com. comes in lots of colors, light weight, folds 4 different ways, and gives great all over protection.
    F2

Global Posts
    35,364 Global Posts

I purchased this one - supposedly the real thing.

Ultra Slim Book Cover Case Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab s 10 5 inch SM T800 T805 | eBay

Took a little over a week to reach the Pacific coast.

I am more concerned with protection afforded than looks. I ordered the Otterbox Defender for my Tab S. I already have the Defender case for my S 5 so I know of its protective qualities.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by HEMODroid View Post
    I am more concerned with protection afforded than looks. I ordered the Otterbox Defender for my Tab S. I already have the Defender case for my S 5 so I know of its protective qualities.
    I have a tempered glass screen protector for my Tab S 10.5. The specs say it's 0.3mm thick. I wonder if I can still use the Otterbox Defender case(with the built-in screen protector removed)