what made you decide to buy the 10.5 instead of the 8.4?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Well if 2 inches don't make a huge difference to you then why bother with the larger device?

Last edited:

mattskr

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I sold my Galaxy Pro 8.4 for a 10.5 S mostly because magazines and comics were too small on the 8.4, but now I have come to realize pretty much everything is better on the full size tablet including web browsing and videos. Even reading a book. I had thought the 10.5 would be too heavy for long periods of e-reading but turns out it's fine.

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Well if 2 inches don't make a huge difference to you then why bother with the larger devcie?

that's what I said to my ex-girlfriend back in college when she dumped me (although that was a discussion about a different "device") yes, she left me for someone who had two more inches. :(

blacks0ull

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
hehe, my friend I was in the same situation like you for almost 1 week, but in the end I've manage to get over and buy the 10.5 because of the following aspect
*any media that you will play 100% will be much better on a bigger screen
*since it took almost 3 years that Samsung to put again an Amoled screen on a table, why I will not buy the biggest SAmoled screen :)
*all the pictures will look much better
*reading books will be very nice :) and your eyes will not bleed :)

I hope this helps.

With this post I would like to announce you guys that today I've bought my first tablet and of course is the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 wi-fi version (because wi-fi hotspot is working brilliant)

Thanks!

Ladybell

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Just got 32gb 10.5 today. Didn't like the capacitive button placement on the 8.4 personally. Any way I held it, I would hit them accidentally.

dynot

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
1) Isn't pixel density lower on the 10.5 and if so is it noticeable?
2) Is battery life lower due to the larger screen?

cr500taco

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I didn't decide. I bought both

Just bought the 10.5, but thinking of getting the 8.4, also to see which I like better. Wish I can keep both, but can only afford to keep one. I am finding the 10.5 a little cumbersome to use while laying down, both in landscape and portrait view. I have a Blackberry Playbook which is 7" and that is easy to use in landscape view while laying down.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Size! Size does matter, lol.

I play adventure games and the extra screen size does make a difference. For reading I still prefer my 8" screen but for gaming, that extra size helps!

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I am upgrading my Nexus 10. I tried the 8.4 but it just wasn't the same and I couldn't see myself going smaller than 10...

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis