Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default buy Tab S 10.5 now or wait for Tab S 12.2 to come out in November?

buy Tab S 10.5 now or wait for Tab S 12.2 to come out in November? November is Korea, so probably Christmas time for the US?

this is why I am in a love/hate relationship with Samsung. I was planning to order the Tab S 10.5 Monday because that's when I'm getting a couple of $200 gift cards. Then I had to go search the internet and noticed that the Tab S 12.2 was leaked earlier this week. Just how big can Samsung make these SuperAMOLED panels? 50-inch?

Default Re: buy Tab S 10.5 now or wait for Tab S 12.2 to come out in November?

Buy it now, and then sell it in in January ... why wait? Who knows, it might not come out this winter
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by GatsbyGlen View Post
    Buy it now, and then sell it in in January ... why wait? Who knows, it might not come out this winter
    good point! there's always a market to high end tablets.

Yea, then in winter when you're about to buy it they'll announce another one coming out and then you'll be in the same position you're in now.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

It all comes down to preference. Personally, I couldn't handle a 12 inch screen for a tablet. And yet, it's too small for a laptop. So, 10 seemed like the right size (and the 10.5 manages to keep the body soooo similar in dimensions to the 10.1 that you hardly notice the difference except for the noticeably larger screen).

My suggestion? Go to BestBuy. Play with the Tab S 10.5, and then ask to see the Pro 12.2. Which screen and overall size do you feel more comfortable using?

PS: I don't get paid by BestBuy haha It's just the only store I know of that has the "Samsung Experience" areas and has the exclusivity on the 32GB version of the Tab S.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    It all comes down to preference. Personally, I couldn't handle a 12 inch screen for a tablet. And yet, it's too small for a laptop. So, 10 seemed like the right size (and the 10.5 manages to keep the body soooo similar in dimensions to the 10.1 that you hardly notice the difference except for the noticeably larger screen).

My suggestion? Go to BestBuy. Play with the Tab S 10.5, and then ask to see the Pro 12.2. Which screen and overall size do you feel more comfortable using?

PS: I don't get paid by BestBuy haha It's just the only store I know of that has the "Samsung Experience" areas and has the exclusivity on the 32GB version of the Tab S.
    I have a few days left to return my Galaxy Tab S 10.5. Just heard that the Tab S 12.2(SuperAMOLED) is about to be released in Korea in 2 weeks. What are the chances that Samsung will release it in the US? Why is it that the best stuff always comes out in Korea and Japan first? Or worse, sometimes it's only reserved for sale exclusively over there?

If it's going to be released soon in those regions, I'd assume Sammy will bring it here by Christmas. But still, a 12.2 device is way too big for me. I'm just fine with the 10.5, it's awesome, and lately I've been getting stellar battery life! So yeii!

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Keep in mind battery life is not going to be better. ....big screen more battery use, you know... plus it's gonna be heavy

Quote Originally Posted by keem5 View Post
    Keep in mind battery life is not going to be better. ....big screen more battery use, you know... plus it's gonna be heavy
    Yes on the heavier, but not necessarily on the battery. Usually (again, it's USUALLY) bigger models ship with bigger batteries, so life should be about the same.

The s feels small next to the 12 pro. But at home I'd probably feel different. Anyway it'll be out of my price range.

Btw they cannot make 50" OLED for now because their prices is too low yields for larger panel. They've put their OLED tv effort on hold. They do have a discontinued 55" but it's hard to find.

Personally, I decided to buy now while I am sure it is available. I got the 32gb that takes a 128 sd card and I am loving it. For me, this is the perfect size for adventure games - the 12.2 was cumbersome to hold.