Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with Tab S Purchase

I am trying to decide whether to get the wifi only or LTE version of the 10.5 Tab S. I realize the LTE version isn't yet available but will be before the end of the year.

I do use cell connectivity when I am out of my home but I am wondering if I should just use my Galaxy S5 hotspot instead of paying more for the Tab S and also paying verizon $10 per month. What are the downsides of going to hotspot route?
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

Default Re: Help with Tab S Purchase

I have unlimited data and 3gb of Hotspot with t-mobile and don't notice a difference really in speed using Hotspot. If your using it more for Web browsing and email it will be cheaper but if your watching video maybe not
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have an 8 GB plan with Verizon. I will use the same amount of data either way. Are there times my hotspot won't be available, like if I am on the phone?

I bought a separate hotspot that shares the same amount of data with all the phones on my account. This way I can always use the tablet to get online through the hotspot and I use it with the new camera I just bought too. I think the separate hotspot is the way to go.

The first tablet I ever bought was through AT&T, and they signed me up with a 2 year contract for the wireless data on my tablet. After about a year, I bought a new tablet, which was WiFi but I had to continue to pay for the plan on my old tablet for a year even though I didn't use it.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I think Verizon charges $20 per month for a hot spot as opposed to $10 for a tablet. So, after 1 year I would have to spend $120 more which is close to the cost of get LTE.