Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with Tab S Purchase

I am trying to decide whether to get the wifi only or LTE version of the 10.5 Tab S. I realize the LTE version isn't yet available but will be before the end of the year.

I do use cell connectivity when I am out of my home but I am wondering if I should just use my Galaxy S5 hotspot instead of paying more for the Tab S and also paying verizon $10 per month. What are the downsides of going to hotspot route?

Default Re: Help with Tab S Purchase

I have unlimited data and 3gb of Hotspot with t-mobile and don't notice a difference really in speed using Hotspot. If your using it more for Web browsing and email it will be cheaper but if your watching video maybe not
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- t-mobile
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32GB Wifi
    Apple iPad Air 2 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3- T-mobile
    Nexus 5 32GB
    Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket AT&T
    iPhone 4 AT&T
    iPhone 3GS AT&T
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have an 8 GB plan with Verizon. I will use the same amount of data either way. Are there times my hotspot won't be available, like if I am on the phone?

I bought a separate hotspot that shares the same amount of data with all the phones on my account. This way I can always use the tablet to get online through the hotspot and I use it with the new camera I just bought too. I think the separate hotspot is the way to go.

The first tablet I ever bought was through AT&T, and they signed me up with a 2 year contract for the wireless data on my tablet. After about a year, I bought a new tablet, which was WiFi but I had to continue to pay for the plan on my old tablet for a year even though I didn't use it.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I think Verizon charges $20 per month for a hot spot as opposed to $10 for a tablet. So, after 1 year I would have to spend $120 more which is close to the cost of get LTE.