Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tab S 10.5 or 12.2?

I currently have a Note 3 and love it. And I use a Kindle Fire for most of my media viewing. I have been in the market for a tablet and while I thought about getting a LTE, I don't see the need for the extra cost that comes with it. Same with the Note line of tablets, I would rather save the money than get a stylus.

Now I am between the new S and the older 12.2. It's only a $50 dollar difference. I have a desk top and don't carry a laptop so this isn't replacing anything. I would like it for some presentations, travel, and I'm sure it will become a new favorite for media.

Does the Sideview or whatever it's called work with the Note 3, I know the S5 has it, but can't what other phones are supported.

Or is there something that I should wait for, new Nexus perhaps?

I'm really liking the matching keyboard that just came out for the 10.5.

Mainly looking for real world opinion of this. I know several threads about people changing up from the 10.1.

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,799 Global Posts

Default Re: Tab S 10.5 or 12.2?

It works with my note 3 the side sync
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Good to know. And I know something new is always coming. But wondered if something is in the near future. Haven't seen dates for the new Nexus

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well even though I haven't had many responses. One new question.

I have a good bit in Amazon gift cards. Is it worth the out of pocket to buy the 32 gig at Best Buy. I really hate they gave them exclusive rights to it.

Banned

Global Posts
    3,799 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AuburnGrad View Post
    Well even though I haven't had many responses. One new question.

I have a good bit in Amazon gift cards. Is it worth the out of pocket to buy the 32 gig at Best Buy. I really hate they gave them exclusive rights to it.

Yes .... I love getting at least 32GB versions specially with Samsung which takes a good chunk of space from the internal memory and Android 4.4 basically killing putting apps on SD cards
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the input everyone. I ended up pulling the trigger on the 12.2. I had too much in Amazon cards, and in playing with the two, I liked them both, but really felt I could use the extra screen, and would use all the features including S-Pen. I know there a few new toys in the 105 that I liked, but when more than half was covered in gift cards, I just couldn't beat that.