Netflix - cannot sign in

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
No matter what I do Netflix will not work.

I enter sign in information and it just sits there.

I've uninstalled updates numerous times and get the same results each I try to log in again.

Anybody else have this issue?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I just set mine up last night, and while I did have issues setting up HBO Go, I eventually got it working. But Netflix worked right away. Are you sure you're entering the right credentials and that the service is not being blocked by your provider (for instance, if you're in a Work network, Netflix traffic might be blocked, but since you're not on the web interface, the app won't tell you that it's blocked or come up with the usual web filter screen).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you know anyone else with a Netflix account? I would try adding theirs instead and see if that works. If it does, then you know that something's wrong with either your info or with your account (in which case you should probably call Netflix). If it doesn't, you know it's something wrong with either the app or the tablet. And since the app works in other tablets, well...

You can always try to clear data on the app (not uninstalling). That's what cleared my issue with the Netflix app. Oh! And make sure that, on the same tablet, you can access the Netflix SITE, not the app.

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Tried clearing data.

Still hangs on sign-in.

I can access Netflix on the tablet via the Web.

Since it is a preloaded app, I can't fully delete it in order to start with a clean slate.

Hmm...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
But did you update to the latest version? I mean, the preloaded one still had the red Netflix logo. It should have updated itself to the new white one.

Mine is showing Version 3.7.1 build 1711

If you can log in through a web browser then it's definitely the app.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
They probably will. Like most, their tech support is usually very iffy and if there's a chance to blame this on someone else, they will likely go that way.

I'm assuming you already tried uninstalling updates, rebooting, and re-updating, right? Mention that upfront. It should save you time since these will be the first things they'll ask you to try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze