Cool apps for the Fingerprint Reader?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First of all, I'm annoyed that this tablet can only hold 3 fingerprints. Only three?! Come on! But I can live with it...

What I'm wondering is, are there any cool apps out there that make use of the fingerprint reader other than unlocking the tablet and the I-still-don't-know-what-it's-for-if-it-doesn't-prompt-me-to-authorize-a-payment-when-I-buy-something-online PayPal app?

On my HP PC I have this cool little feature that actually allows you to set actions to each finger, so swiping my thumb will open my e-mail but swiping my middle finger will trigger Netflix. Stuff like that.

Or a hack to allow more than three freakin' fingers? haha.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Whoa, really? If you tell me how I'd be more than glad! Haha So far I've only been able to register 3! 8 would be too much for me, really, unless I wanted someone else to unlock the tablet for me, but 4 is my 'goal' haha (being able to unlock with thumb and index on either hand, depending on how I'm holding the device).

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how accurate or security the feature is. I fooled around with it when I entered my fingerprint, well, prints. I swiped the pointer on the lefthand and then the righthand, repeating with each. In other words rather than swiping ONE finger repeatedly, I alternated between hands. It accepted the results and allowed the left to work but not the right.

But I'd be curious what uses folks have found for the feature.

(actually, I want to see more discussion overall of this tablet. Help, hints, tricks, whatever)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Me too! I know it's newish, but it's a very cool device!

And for some reason I've been having stellar battery life lately. It seemed to get better after a couple of weeks, no update received and no factory resets done. Not complaining, though haha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae