11-22-2016 08:07 AM
63 123
tools
    I have a samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and it drops the wifi constantly and No other devices on my router have any issues. Any updates on when they will be updating to lolipop yet for this??? This is so frustrating!!
    03-18-2015 10:43 AM
    I have a samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and it drops the wifi constantly and No other devices on my router have any issues. Any updates on when they will be updating to lolipop yet for this??? This is so frustrating!!
    No Lollipop news yet - they have startet check Samsung´s homepage.

And the wifi stinks - no fix for that
    frederickp likes this.
    03-18-2015 11:33 AM
    No Lollipop news yet - they have startet check Samsung´s homepage.

And the wifi stinks - no fix for that
    This is crazy, this thread has been open for so many months and still no wifi fix.. What the heck is samsung doing???
    03-18-2015 11:53 AM
    This is crazy, this thread has been open for so many months and still no wifi fix.. What the heck is samsung doing???
    Notthing
    03-18-2015 12:30 PM
    this sucks... :/
    03-20-2015 08:05 AM
    Yup - they dont give a crap about us.

But now we know to next time we need a new tablet: DON´T BUY SAMSUNG
    03-20-2015 08:28 AM
    Yup - they dont give a crap about us.

But now we know to next time we need a new tablet: DON´T BUY SAMSUNG
    I literally just went to about software update in my tablet and it downloaded a 30mb software update just now and installed it..
    Kernal ver MARCH 3
    03-20-2015 10:21 AM
    Hello i got similar problems at crete staying on holidays,now got home, trouble is over (looks like)and i didnot remove the sunc app at all.
    I suspect that the malfunctioning has to do with saftey rules of the router or that you connect through different country......and at my smt800 the ss tobo and mouse is normally running through bluetooth ...!!
    06-10-2015 04:22 AM
    FWIW I did the following to get my EJ-CT800 be detected by my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi.
    Press the small wifi-button at the top right, keep it pressed for 2-3 seconds, the led light is flashing (different colors, if my memory serves me well, red, green, blue). It will continue to do so for a while.
    In the tablet, connections, blue tooth, switch it on (slider to the right, green).

I could not get the keyboard working/detected, but keeping the button pressed for 2-3 seconds, made it work.

=
    07-19-2015 05:51 AM
    I bought a bluetooth keyboard EJ CT800 and it worked smoothly but after putting it away for quite sometime it fails to connect to any device. It flicking blue and if I press the bluetooth connectivity button, turns red, green and blue up until it kicks out totally. How can I solve this issue. I've charged it overnight but problem still persist.
    09-17-2015 11:53 AM
    I bought a bluetooth keyboard EJ CT800 and it worked smoothly but after putting it away for quite sometime it fails to connect to any device. It flicking blue and if I press the bluetooth connectivity button, turns red, green and blue up until it kicks out totally. How can I solve this issue. I've charged it overnight but problem still persist.
    Well, this probably is not a wifi issue but ....

Have you UNpaired the keyboard from the tablet (or other devices, if paired), then tried RE-pairing it anew? If paired to other devices that could cause it not to pair.
    09-17-2015 08:36 PM
    Samsung mobile products by default are slow on WiFi. Period. Even if everything has been set to optimum and have a high speed Internet connection. Once everything is working fine, it makes no sense to try and further 'boost/improve' the WiFi speed. We have to live with it. The Samsungs probably are capped/limited on firmware level.

As for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5, there is a remark under chapter 'WiFi and Camera" on anandtech, in their review on the 8.4 and 10.5

"Both Galaxy Tab S devices support 2-stream 802.11ac and can negotiate up to an 866Mbps link speed with a similarly capable router. Peak performance in practice is pretty shy of what we saw with the Galaxy S5 however. While the GS5 was capable of around 430Mbps under best conditions, the Tab S averages around 240Mbps. Compared to the immediate competition it’s not bad, but against everything else we’ve seen it’s less impressive."

WiFi & Camera - Samsung Galaxy Tab S Review (10.5 & 8.4-inch)

=
    07-27-2016 12:00 AM
    I had this problem, with the public WiFi at the hospital for special surgery in Manhattan, on my Android phone, a Samsung galaxy note 4.

I fixed it, after reading through a few forum threads, by finding out the IP address of the router and a device logged into the network (from a friend whose phone was working fine with the Wifi) and then checking "static" under the advanced network options in the Wifi settings. I entered the address of the router under "gateway" and an address similar to the device address of my friend's phone, but one digit greater (in the last set of digits, like if his was 192.168.1.147, I made mine 192.168.1.148). Then I connected and it worked fine.

The problem appears to be with the DHCP client in the phone's Android OS - which is the latest version Verizon has given us ( 6.0.1) ... and no, checking "use legacy DHCP client" in developer settings did not fix it. Obviously I couldn't try resetting the router as this would kick hundreds of people off, at a hospital no less! Plus, everyone with iPhones and laptops was having no trouble connecting.

Hope this helps.
    11-22-2016 08:07 AM
63 123