Is the Book Cover worth it?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering what everyone thinks of the Samsung Book Cover for the Tab S 10.5?

Those snaps are the only thing that I'm leery of. :p How tough is the tab to install and remove from these snaps?

ibill1

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I admit it's a little high. I got mine at half off, not sure at the time if I would have paid $69 for it. After having it now, I would. It is just perfect for the Tab S and adds a quality to it. It just feels good in your hands. Once you get the different stances down, it's perfect, unless you need ultimate protection.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
The snaps sound horrific, but I've taken it off and on several times. The truth is it holds the tablet in place and I can't find any physical evidence of trauma to the tablet or case...

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I got the book cover and I'm a like little scared to take it off. Those snaps are so tight I hope it won't crack the plastic back when trying to remove it.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got the book cover and I'm a like little scared to take it off. Those snaps are so tight I hope it won't crack the plastic back when trying to remove it.

I have the 'snap' case that Costco includes. A bit less coverage but I've removed and installed it a number of times with no issues. I would hope that it was quality tested over and over again.

Ladybell

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Got it like it. Easy on. Easy off. Great positioning. Only down side is it isn't as well suited in portrait as landscape.

Ahmaduzzy

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine off ebay. Genuine Samsung Tab S for 15.99 and free shipping. Exact item Best Buy sells for 69.99. Awesome cover! Here's the item number 390955068120.

Shadowpdx

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine arrived yesterday....absolutely love it! Snaps on the Tab S and opening/closing the over turns the screen on and off.

ZephyrsDream

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I also have a book cover in "Electric Blue." Love it so far but am also thinking about getting the brown one as well since I have the brown tablet.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Mikey Morfin

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes it's compact and very nice. It's def a needle accessory. Now I think the $70 price tag is way high but usually you can find it 50% off and that's a steal. My at&t store sold it to me for $36 and I love it.

I have the Charcoal Gray tablet and cover. I really want the keyboard but I'm sad to see they only have it available in the bronze gold and white :-\

dynot

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I also have a book cover in "Electric Blue." Love it so far but am also thinking about getting the brown one as well since I have the brown tablet.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
I was thinking of getting the blue myself as I thought it would complement nicely with the titanium-brown of the tab. What do you think of the color match? Did you not like it?

At first I was going to go with the brown but figured both tab & cover would be too much.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the blue myself as I thought it would complement nicely with the titanium-brown of the tab. What do you think of the color match? Did you not like it?

At first I was going to go with the brown but figured both tab & cover would be too much.

I went the mundane brown to match the Bronze. I did think about red or something bright so that I can find it in my mess but then decided discreet might be better if I stash it while on a car trip/vacation.

ZephyrsDream

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

I do like the cover. I was just thinking about getting another to match. Maybe look for some deals online.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the tab in the case in case you're still on the fence about buying one:

8e76b7fe6efa9782d176d3af31c7dc8b_zpsc7ca13da.jpg

d3311387d904450c9a2bc7587fe3bbb1.jpg

767731ca1c285b9d8856e9521a4d953d.jpg

ef0a6a78575ba15baca84d87cc5f8690.jpg

76f9de7453616e12207751fd7f8b047d.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Next up, the Samsung Keyboard. :p

I got the Samsung Keyboard the same time I bought the tablet. Best $'s I have spent. I have an old BT keyboard that now collects dust.

Oh yes to answer the original question, you have an investment in the tablet, I would think you want to protect that investment.

elketerbentzadik

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
It is absolutely not worth it.

I bought a tab and a case at the end of April. I've only detached and reattached it maybe three times. One of the snaps suddenly detached while the tablet was just sitting there and is the detached snap is now stuck in the hole in the back of the tablet.

This thing is way too expensive for this to have happened.

vider

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
It's worth $20 max, and can be had for less on ali it you're willing to wait. I love mine, but to pay $60 for vinyl and cardboard is too much. I paid $12 on ali in early 2015.

JDGAFFLIN

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I like mine, but at the MSRP, it's too much. Do some hunting, and you can find it cheaper.

It's definately a great cover for the Tablet.