Galaxy Tab S 10.5 warping windows while scrolling vertically?

grinr

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I was doing some web browsing in vertical mode and noticed that when I scrolled the screen (up or down) the text/pictures, everything, would warp slightly. It's hard to describe in text, but basically it looks like the left side of the screen is updating faster than the right side, so the left scrolls as expected but the right is drooped up or down depending on whether or not you're scrolling up or down. This happens in all apps - chrome, internal browser, firefox, ESfilemanager, Play store, everything. Only in vertical mode, landscape mode doesn't have this issue.

You can replicate it by touch-and-dragging the screen up or down at a medium pace, neither a flick nor a very slow drag. A square picture will become a trapezoid as it moves and then snap back to a square when it stops moving.

Am I going crazy here?

Edit: I have a T800 Wifi unit, copper color, bought at Costco, for what that's worth.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I don't see that on mine... :S

Also a copper one, but bought at BestBuy (32GB version). I do get what your issue would look like, but I just don't see it in mine :S

Could you post a specific link where you see this issue? And maybe, if you can, you can try that too in a demo unit in store to compare. But if you post here, I'll compare to mine.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got the same one at Costco almost 6 weeks ago (I guess I like it enough, I'm not returning it!)

I just fired up Chrome and scrolled with not distortion as you describe. Have you tried restarting the unit again.

Do you have a good wifi connection? Although that probably would not create the effect you describe.

grinr

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I made as good a video as I could of what I'm talking about. It's in Horizontal view (stupid phone wouldn't orient, I tried!) but Youtube is busy rotating it so maybe by the time you see it it will be vertical. In either case it shows the weird warping I'm talking about.

I can't post links so it's youtube dot com /watch?v=aFXh_GZZy5I

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That made me dizzy haha. 2K video! Yeii!!!

That being said, on The Verge, with all those heavy tiles, I DO see what you're seeing. On less 'square heavy' sites, like Android Central, I don't unless I really look for it, but it's also there. Also, I do believe that's an intentional part of this. When scrolling up, the right side is getting warped up, as if you were pulling on a page from the upper right corner. When you're scrolling down, the left side gets warped down, as if you were pulling on a page from the lower left corner.

grinr

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
That's disappointing to hear. The issue is still clearly there for anything scrolling vertically. ES File Manager - just a list of files, mind you, also shows that weird bendy warp when I'm scrolling through files. If it's by design, maybe stock android won't have it?

For such an awesome tablet, this is making me a bit crazy.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's part of the animation scheme definitely, just not sure if it's a Samsung thing or a Google thing.. Not sure if others have it too, but I can see it on the Note 4 as well.

grinr

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Well that's promising, because at least then I might be able to get rid of it with a stock google ROM.

Thanks for checking on an alternative tablet!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Phablet. Not Tablet. Hehe. But yeah, I tried it also on a Note 10.1 2014 and guess what? Same issue. Haha I just hadn't noticed until now.

grinr

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
This doesn't happen on my Kindle Fire (original) but it's a piece of garbage anyway. I wonder if someone else can try on a non-samsung tablet like the new Nexus's..

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Kindle is NOT Android per-se. So we can't really use that to compare. It uses Android, but it's the heaviest modified version out there, and it actually doesn't use the stock browser tech like most other companies do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12