Setting apps to launch with certain file types, like html or doc/txt or whatever?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When I'm in the MyFiles app and navigate to an html file and tap on it, I get a choice of apps to launch or view that file. One of the choices is the Dolphin Browser. ES Note editor, Firefox, html viewer and some others. How do I broaden this list to include the Chrome Browser or another browser, UC Browser HD?

In the Settings Menu, I can go to Applications and find in the left Column "Default Applications" But don't see anyway to assign apps and the only options are "Set Defaults" but grayed out are Home and Touchwiz home.

If I go to Application Manager itself and then go to Chrome or UC Browser, I see down the page a bit, "Launch by Default" and "no defaults set but nothing about how to set them.

Is there something I am missing? Is there a way to add to the application pool that I'm offered when I tap on a certain file type?

Thanks in advance.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, no one has any ideas on how to create new File Associations based on file types or extensions?

edited to add: I have googled the subject but come up empty. A few "solutions" reference apps that apparently no longer offer the options that affect Associations. Others seem to reference the Settings that I've looked at but on the Tab S, they seem to be locked so they can't be changed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles