Is there any way to remove the one screen with preloaded widgets?....and...

stefanbright

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
i don't mind that it is there.... but is there any way to add 3rd party widgets??
Also.... the Quick Briefing widget.... it has 3 icons to add bookmarks but it only has 2 bookmarks .... bingand Yahoo ....how do you add or change bookmarks?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i don't mind that it is there.... but is there any way to add 3rd party widgets??
Also.... the Quick Briefing widget.... it has 3 icons to add bookmarks but it only has 2 bookmarks .... bingand Yahoo ....how do you add or change bookmarks?

You have to download widgets like you do apps. They can then be installed and placed and in some cases resized. For instance I found a calendar widget that I installed. But Press and HOLD on a blank area and you should see two ICONS at the bottom, Wallpapers and Widgets. You can also delete widgets.

iPhoneTHS

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Within your Quickbriefing window, hit the gear. This should get you your looking for.

Posted via the Android Central App

stefanbright

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I was being clear. When I bought my tab it came with a home screen that was preloaded with a flip board widget,and one or two other widgets. This screen was originally my home screen. Then I created another screen to put all my apps and folders on and turned that into my home screen. The preloaded screen cannot be removed. And when you hold your finger down on it it shows you at the bottom of the page a widget icon and a page layout icon. if I select the widget icon it shows three different lists of widgets. One is a Samsung exclusive list, one is a social media list, and the other is a flip board lists. my problem is that I cannot add any widgets to these groups or this screen. I can buy third-party widgets but then I have to create a new screen to put them on. In essence, this pre loaded home screen cannot be modified or added to.

Last edited:

stefanbright

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
That is my problem. I hit the gear wheel and it opens a screen called bookmarks and only the Bing and Yahoo bookmarks are shown. There appears to be no way to add new bookmarks to this folder. I have not found the way if there is one. I am looking in my main folders to see if there is a folder called bookmarks but I cannot find one.

stefanbright

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Figured these two issues out......you can't remove the pre installed home screen...unless you root it I guess. Which means you can't add widgets to that particular screen either. But with the Quick Briefing widget, I found that the website bookmarks in it are from the stock version browser "Internet". I installed Chrome and never used "Internet" so I did not figure it out. But I opened internet, added the bookmarks to it and now they appear in the Quick Briefing widget.

JDGAFFLIN

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Use a different launcher. You can try the Google Now launcher, Nova, or a whole host of others available in the play store. They will allow you to customize your screens the way you want.

iPhoneTHS

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So, you want to remove the stock screens AND add new widgets? Go to your home screens, pinch, and remove or reset the home page by touching the home icon. Download widget apps. Theft may help you.

Keitth43

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes I managed to get rid of 995% of these useless things
Just gently pull each wiget up to the top then in red appears DELETE

Eventually you get rid of all apart from the Calider Magic

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
You can get rid of Flipboard, but it leaves the page there. You have to put something else on the page. You can't make that one page disappear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20