battery life???

prakashdg

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Got the 32 gb version from best buy on the black friday sale. The tablet is awesome and the best out on the market right now ( for me).

Can someone tell me the screen on time I should get? I have sync and wifi on all the time and brightness set to auto, and i get about 4 hours (been through only 2 full charges till now) which i would think is less. Is this normal or will it improve over charges?.

I am coming from the note 10.1 (older version), and tried the lenovo yoga hd+, which was laggy and also color accuracy was way off. This tablet is just so light weight and the screen is so brilliant. I just dont want to have this niggle ofnwhether i am getting a lesser battery life than i should. I havent turned off any of the bloat ware from samsung (if any such battery hogs exist). Am on version 4.4.2 right now, and unrooted of course.

And finally, any ideas of how to sell my old note 10.1 ?( i am considering craigs list/ebay but any other ways that are more reliable are most welcome).

Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it a WIFI only model or does it have data through a Carrier?

I don't use the sync function but depending on how often it is active, I guess it could draw down the battery.

I alter the brightness depending on my needs. So it might be lower. I have not really timed battery life which probably makes me of little help.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
What are you doing in that 4 hours? If playing games that is very good...if watching videos, browsing the Web, reading, or playing music it is not very good........I don't have the Tab s but I easily get between 7 and 8 hours of mixed use sot out of my Note 10.1 2014

prakashdg

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks.. i play games 90% of the time and watch vidoes the rest of the time

I dont have sync on either..

Just noticed that the indexing service had the next highest battery consumption after the screen, so i expect some problem with the memory card. Will unmount the card and test the battery life again

I guess i am expecting 5 hours of battery life especially since it is amoled and not ips/lcd.

On the memory card notw, i guess a samsung card is the safest bet i have for one that works properly?. I have 2 sandisks and one works perfect and the other consumes a lot of battery in my tablet.

Posted via the Android Central App

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Indexing services can eat a lot of battery.......I would copy my files to a PC and do a complete (not quick) format on your card, copy files back and see what happens....I was always a SanDisk guy, but I had a couple fail and started having similar problems to yours with my Note 3.....switched to Samsung PRO and EVO cards and my problems disappeared. Amazon has had very good deals on Samsung cards lately also...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01