Why can't my Samsung Galaxy Tab S connect to the wifi?

beachbum5283

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
samsung galaxy tab s can't connect to wifi

Just got our Samsung Galaxy Tab S a month ago and all of a sudden our wifi doesn't work. We can connect all our devices to our Internet. I have a Note 4, husband has galaxy S3 and those connect fine. PC also connects to interest fine. When I go into settings and try to slide WiFi on, does nothing. Doesn't brighten up to the green. I can't scan to see any wifi connections. Says IP not available. I've restarted my router. Turned the Tablet off on. Plugged it into power.
Hope someone is able to help us! Thank you in advanced :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy tab s can't connect to wifi

Works for me. What happens when you click on the link?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Works for me. What happens when you click on the link?

I get an intercept page: "The url has moved HERE" (where HERE is a link)

And following that leads NOWHERE! It is very odd.

Maybe it is Firefox???

Here's the link in "plain text" with the "http" edited so it does not turn back to the bad link for me

ttp://forums.androidcentral.com/ext?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jdoqocy.com%2Fclick-7293382-11365093%3Fsid%3Dvb_ac%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.verizonwireless.com%252Fsupport%252Fknowledge-base-119427%252F]Wipe Cache Partition Samsung Galaxy Tab S | Verizon Wireless

Okay, one more edit, using the info in that, I searched for verizon wireless knowledge base using the number and came up with

ttps://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-119427/

But when I just entered that I got the same bad link. Very odd. It must be something on my end!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I see what you're saying. I've seen that issue before when I try to link pages from Verizon on AC. Very weird. It's surprising that the original link doesn't work either for you (the 2nd one you posted). Does it happen even if you cut and paste this into your URL bar? verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-119427/?null (i.e., without the "www")

Here's the important part of that page:

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    linote.gif
    If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the top-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located to the right of the Power button; ensure right side of button is pressed) and theHome button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    linote.gif
    Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Pasting the Verizon link that contains the Knowledge Base Number into the address bar works. Maybe Verizon does not like being "quoted!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835