Google Maps 9.2.0 and WIFI only

Tony Myers

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I noticed today that when I use Google Maps to find my location if I have WIFI only turned on it doesn't work? If I turn on GPS and WIFI it works great, turn off GPS to where it uses WIFI only it doesn't work?

I found out that if I uninstall the Google Maps Update 9.2.0 and revert back to the version it had when I first got it, it works great on just WIFI. But the minute I install the 9.2.0 update it doesn't work without GPS on.

When I say find my position I am talking about sitting at home on wifi and pressing the "MY location" icon. Anyone else having this issue?

Tony

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since I still run 6, I wouldn't know. Always back up apps like Maps, so you can revert to an earlier version. (And disable auto update.) Google is always "improving" those apps, to the point that they're becoming more and more useless. And even with 6, I still find MyDirections-Google Map ext. better than trying to find something in Maps or - horrors - trying to edit something.

Tony Myers

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I can uninstall the update and not reinstall it without issue. Will loose functionality or else just turn on gps for a short minute, must be something with the way Samsung has the Galaxy Tab S coded? It would be interesting to see if anyone else is having the same problem. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995