Why won't by Galaxy Tab S connect to 4G network automatically after leaving wifi network?

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Tab S will not connect to the 4G network automatically after leaving a wifi network. The only way I can get it to connect to the 4G network is to turn it off and back on. I have replaced sim card, done a master reset and even replaced the device. Still same issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which carrier do you have? Are you turning off the wifi radio?

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I have tried every different way I can think of. I turn wifi off and when I get to 4g network area, the tablet does not connect. I leave the wifi on until I get into network area and it won't connect. It should work just like my samsung phone and it shouldn't matter if wifi is on or off, it should still connect to 4g when I enter a 4g area, but it will not unless I turn it off and then on again while in the 4g network area. I have called technical support for two weeks and have no solution. It works fine once I turn it off and on again but I shouldn't have to do that. So frustrating. I have T-Mobile

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I think I finally figured it out. I have been on technical support with T-Mobile four or five times to no avail. I was messing with setting and found one called Network Operators under Mobile Networks. I clicked on in and it asked me which network service I was associated with - T-Mobile, Verizon, etc. I clicked on T-Mobile and it looks like it registered with the T-Mobile Network. I went home last night put the tablet on my home wifi and then when I got to work this morning, it did connect to the 4g network. I just can't imaging tech support for T-Mobile didn't know this...... but I am happy I figured it out. Thank you. EDIT - unfortunately I came to work today and the issue is back. The tablet did not connect to 4g automatically without turning it off and back on........Still frustrated. Called T-Mobile again who got in contact with Samsung. It is not a known issue but this is the second tablet that has this issue for me. Their recommendation is to swap the tablet with a completely different version or make of tablet. So unhappy, I want to keep my Tab S.

Last edited:

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have this tablet also on T-mobile and haven't had that issue. If you would like, PM me and we can set up a time for you to call and we can go through all of the settings to see if I have something different than yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy