Anyone tried the Otterbox Defender for the Tab S 10.5?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an Otterbox for my Blackberry Playbook. I have always liked it and felt my Playbook was really safe when flying or traveling (packing it in a crowded car trunk) or carrying between floors in my house and on the occasional hike (liked its video output).

GeneInSoCal

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I installed one this week on my Tab S 10.5 and love it. It seems bulletproof now. I had another off brand cover and it did not fit tightly or afford the level of protection the Otterbox does. For me this was a good choice. However it does add bulk to the Tab S.

If you want see the beauty of the Tab S, don't use a cover. If you want the tablet to last, you cannot go wrong with the Otterbox.

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes - I have been using an Otterbox Defender almost as long as I have the Tab S 10.5

The only problem is the SD card slot is hidden and to reach it you have to take the whole box apart. But the warranty is great and so is the customer service.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes - I have been using an Otterbox Defender almost as long as I have the Tab S 10.5

The only problem is the SD card slot is hidden and to reach it you have to take the whole box apart. But the warranty is great and so is the customer service.

How bad are the "Oil Slicks" on the screen?

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Can the case be used without the built in screen protector? I'd much rather use a good tempered glass screen protector, I find the otterbox screen protectors degrade screen quality too much.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Can the case be used without the built in screen protector? I'd much rather use a good tempered glass screen protector, I find the otterbox screen protectors degrade screen quality too much.

I've removed the built in screen protector from my Defender for the Note 4 and would think the Tab S case should be the same. Not 100% sure though.

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I got my case two weeks ago, unfortunately no retail store -- as far as I can tell -- in Canada carries it, yet they carry the Defender for crapple's products, as well as for some other phones.

The one gripe I have with this Defender is that the screen protector seems quite flimsy.

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
My S4 is white, and I've got a black Defender for it. You don't see me complaining about it.

Just get the black one for it, it's the tablet you're protecting, who cares what colour the case is!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20