Storage expansion

Soporose

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

Have had my Galaxy Pad S 10.5 for about a week and have decided I need more storage.

Are either of these cards the right type for my tablet? They are affordable prices, and I've seen 64GB cards advertised at over A$100, but I'm not made of money.

KOGAN

OR

FISHPOND

Thanks.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I would rather spend the money for Samsung or sandisk then save a few bucks. Amazon has sold the the Samsung pro 64 for less then $50 a few times but has the EVO for $33 atm

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Class...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4257651

$49.99 for the pro

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Class...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4257651

I have the pro and couldn't be happier . I had a sandisk one but I went through a lot of them even with a lifetime warranty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Kingston buys its chips from either Samsung or SanDisk (they're the only manufacturers). Are they first quality or rejects? We can't tell.

SanDisk is quality, and if you do have a problem (and I've been using their cards since they started selling them), you can go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support, start a live chat and get the card replaced with no problem. (They even came out with a bug fix when Samsung messed up and the S3 started eating SD cards. Not their problem, but they fixed it anyway.) As Closingracer said, look on Amazon.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Kingston buys its chips from either Samsung or SanDisk (they're the only manufacturers). Are they first quality or rejects? We can't tell.

SanDisk is quality, and if you do have a problem (and I've been using their cards since they started selling them), you can go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support, start a live chat and get the card replaced with no problem. (They even came out with a bug fix when Samsung messed up and the S3 started eating SD cards. Not their problem, but they fixed it anyway.) As Closingracer said, look on Amazon.

Yeah they have lifetime warranty but I've gone through 3 of them all free replacements but had to go weeks without them.

As far as kingston goes I've had issues with those and other cheaper brands so now I'll stick to San disk or Samsung . The lifetime warranty is nice with San disk so worth the investment and I prefer Samsung personally.

Soporose

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate your comments on quality, but the problem for me is that anything from the USA (i.e. Amazon) costs a lot more than the ticket price because of exorbitant freight costs – even on small packages. Not to mention the fact that with exchange rates the way they are at the moment I lose a fair bit again there.

Without calculating it all out to the cent I believe I'd be paying twice as much or more than for the Kingston bought locally. And waiting a lot longer. And risking damage in transit/customs.

So I guess so long as you confirm that the Kingston cards I indicated are the correct type for the Galaxy Pad S 10.5 then I'll take the gamble with one of those. Also, are those two cards I indicated the same? They're described slightly differently at each site.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
First one is a better one class wise. I would personally see if you can find the Samsung one in your area before getting Kingston but if your set on them get the first one imo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek