Why doesn't Google Cloud Print have no icon for my desktop?

BarbaraDG

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Google Cloud Print has no icon for my desktop

I am running Lollipop, and this morning I installed Google Cloud Print. It works fine from Chrome and my local files both, but there is no icon to be found anywhere and I can't get any answers from Google. Have they just not gotten around to providing it for Lollipop, or was it also missing in KitKat? Any ideas about how to get the icon to appear on my desktop? Without it, it can't choose from the print options the app offers. Thx in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Cloud Print has no icon for my desktop

Welcome to Android Central! There is no app shortcut available, since it's a system service. Go to Settings>Printing>Cloud Print​. The settings are there.

BarbaraDG

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Thank you. Shouldn't there be a way to at least choose paper size at a minimum? That's not covered in settings. Perhaps I need to practice a bit more to figure it all out, but I saw no way to choose any options. Still, it worked well and I'm delighted that I can print from the tablet at all. Now I can wait to buy a Bluetooth enabled printer, so it saves me a bundle!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure about paper size settings--that might rely on the default settings on your computer.

When you look into buying a printer, you might want to look for one that is compatible with the dedicated print app from Samsung or HP--those might give you more features.

BarbaraDG

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

I am a graphics designer and all-around photo manipulator, and will only use Canon printers, but yes, I will indeed look for a dedicated print app. I wasn't aware that Samsung had an app for printing, but will look at that too; never, ever, HP printers, however. It would take an awful lot to draw me away from Canon. Thank you again for the advice; it is greatly appreciated.