Tab S 16:9 VS Tab S2 4:3 gaming/movies

El_Chicoman

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I appreciate if someone could answer the below, i've already searched the net but couldn't find any suitable answer.
So i am considering in buying the Galaxy Tab S2 over the Tab S, especially when i would not want to buy a 1year old model when this one is coming out. My main concern is gaming and movies (especially gaming). I am aware that for watching movies the Tab S with the 16:9 display is way better, but this is something i would sacrifice. However, my main usage of the Tab S2 will/would be for gaming in my spare free time/traveling, and i am wondering if the tab s with the 16:9 is way different and better than the 4:3 Tab S2? If it is really different it is already something i dont want to trade, and i need informations before taking a decision.

Thanks!

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I appreciate if someone could answer the below, i've already searched the net but couldn't find any suitable answer.
So i am considering in buying the Galaxy Tab S2 over the Tab S, especially when i would not want to buy a 1year old model when this one is coming out. My main concern is gaming and movies (especially gaming). I am aware that for watching movies the Tab S with the 16:9 display is way better, but this is something i would sacrifice. However, my main usage of the Tab S2 will/would be for gaming in my spare free time/traveling, and i am wondering if the tab s with the 16:9 is way different and better than the 4:3 Tab S2? If it is really different it is already something i dont want to trade, and i need informations before taking a decision.

Thanks!

When it all comes down to it, aspect ratio is really a personal preference. Some people do not like that newer movies have to be cropped to fit within a 4:3 screen, while others may not like the black bars that come with a 16:9 widescreen television.

I personally like my Tab S 10.5, it's been perfect. Good luck with your choice and 🍻

Posted via the Android Central App

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm not a gamer but aren't games made for 16:9 screens? It would seem a waste to use a 4:3 screen if your main use is 16:9 material.

Because of the geometry a 9.7" screen in 4:3 has 96% of the total screen area of a 10.5" in 16:9, but if you use the smaller screen to view 16:9 material in letterbox mode you'll be using a screen area of only 72% of the larger one.

The smaller screen might be more suitable for web pages and magazines? A typical 3:4 portrait-format magazine page viewed with the 9.7" held in landscape mode could display it full width at about 100%, or if used in portrait mode showing the full page, although smaller, it would actually display an image larger in area than the bigger screen would by 28%.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams