Connect Tab 10.5 to TV and HDM

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi there

Do I need to use an official Samsung HDMI connector to connect to the TV as I have tried a non samsung one and it doesn't appear to detect it on two TV's I have tried. I can connect my BB10 device without issue so am confused as to why it won't work. Is there a setting I need to check.

Thanks in advance.
Steve

Posted via Android Central App

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

Do I need to use an official Samsung HDMI connector to connect to the TV as I have tried a non samsung one and it doesn't appear to detect it on two TV's I have tried. I can connect my BB10 device without issue so am confused as to why it won't work. Is there a setting I need to check.

Thanks in advance.
Steve

I believe you DO NEED the special adapter. I'm not sure that it has to be Samsung as I think that when I went to Best Buy there was a 3rd party adapter that was cheaper but I decided to play it safe and got the Samsung one. I did purchase the pricy Samsung adapter and it does work. But with my Samsung TV I can share content from the tab s to the tv via wifi.

And, yes, with my Playbook and both Z10 and Z30, all you need is the micro-hdmi to regular hdmi to connect to a tv but they were designed that way. I believe that the newer Passport uses a special adapter, too (might even be the same one as Samsung)

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi there - I am trying with a cable as the screen mirroring does not work with this older TV.

I have got the BB10 passport to work with a slimport HDMI adapter but do I need a MHL adapter for the Tab 10.5 to work?

Thanks for the replies

Steve

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi there - I am trying with a cable as the screen mirroring does not work with this older TV.

I have got the BB10 passport to work with a slimport HDMI adapter but do I need a MHL adapter for the Tab 10.5 to work?

Thanks for the replies

Steve

I probably don't know enough about those various adapters. Does that "slimport" adapter work with the Samsung - is it plug compatible or is it different? But you do need AN ADAPTER for the Tab S - again, I went for the Samsung version. But I don't know how "slimport" differs from an MHL adapter. I don't think you can blow anything electronically by trying????????

Give these sites a view

MHL v SlimPort - What is the difference?

CES 2013: SlimPort vs MHL