Screen Unresponsive.... Tried Everything

marriott_999

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Fairly new here but thought I might find some help.

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" SM-T800. I have all the latest updates available installed. Today I have gone to use the tablet and the Screen turns on but is totally unresponsive. The capacitive buttons at the bottom still work fine.
I have had this issue before and did the Power Button + Volume Down to reset and that seemed to fix it.

This time I have tried that, plus Clear Cache via boot up screen (Power + Volume Up + Home) and also a full factory wipe a couple of times via the same menu.

I am now stuck for Ideas. The unit is 2 years old but I love it and don't really wanna send it off to Samsung (Currently out of warranty) as they will charge an arm and a leg.

There is a mobile repair company I can take it in to locally and they have said they can look at software issues.

Just wondering if there is anything else I can try to resolve this issue?

Thanks heaps. Appreciate any feedback in advance.

Alex.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried Safe mode? Not sure it'll help though. HERE'S a link to Samsung's site. Does the tablet not work even if it's plugged into the charger? Might be the battery is bad and not able to supply enough current. If nothing works, you might need to take it in to the local repair shop. If you have a Bestbuy close to you, the Samsung rep might take a look at it for free.

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Try taking the external memory card out to see if the memory card is causing the problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

marriott_999

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info Nahoku. Just tried booting in safe mode but unfortunately still nothing. It charges all good but I tried when plugged in and still nothing.

I live is Australia so no best buy but do have a local repair shop so might try them. $40 and they will look at it for me (Software side of things)

Would updating via the External SD be worth a try? I'm not too familiar with this but if I can download the original firmware and re-install I thought it might work?