rooting my tab s10.5

george106

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I am thinking of root my tablet, i am just alittle unsure about the whole process.

I would be great full for any advice like:

which rom to use?

A genuine web site for step by step guide.

Oh please keep what advice simple as i wouldd like understand what i am aabout to do fully.

Thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Rooting basically just gives you admin control to change important things, but it's computer science stuff so describing it simply won't let you fully understand. Read through the roms in the dev section and find the one that you like, then follow the instructions. You can rarely go wrong since the comments will warn you of any potential problems.

Let me google that for you

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I am following this thread to see how this all works out for you. I tried using Google search and ended up with a complete mess on my hands. If you have success please report back here to this forum.

george106

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Cheers ill take a look

I have also googled the subject, but to be honest nothing i read gave that warm fuzzy feeling.

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
The way I understand it is that their autoroot program will not work on our Samsung tablets but there still is a way to root this tablet. Its just not that easy as people claim it is otherwise this autoroot program would work. This was from the XDA website.

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
From the Galaxy store there are several apps that appear to be useful for rooting. I chose an app called Root All Devices. Our tablet was not in this selection of hundreds of devices that could be rooted. It sent me to a Chinese language app calld Kingroot. It looked a little too fishy to me, as the source did not seem to be very reputable.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
When I get a new android device I rock stock for a week to be sure I'll catch any hardware defects before "possibly" ruining my warranty. I've used my warranty on Samsung and htc rooted devices without problems but there are horror stories out there. Those are probably idiots who told the manufacturer that it was rooted, it's better to ask forgiveness than permission;) Here's a good guide, top result off google. Some things like Odin sound weird but it's just a very useful piece of software. Most roms will have very easy instructions too since its in the developers best interest to cater to all experience levels.
How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (WiFi)

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I followed the instructions and I think it was unsuccessful. Odin claimed 1 fail and 1 success.
A terminal emulator says I do not have root privileges. I downloaded a program called root checker and it says I do not have root privileges. Titanium backup says I do not have root privileges.

Is there another way to test for root?

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I redid the process just to make sure that I didn't miss something, and Odin gave a pass with a green box. The shell terminal emulator has been granted root access although I can't seem to get the pound sign with a su command. Root checker has also been granted superuser permissions although this app steel cannot verify superuser status. But this is definitely progress.

george106

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Kingroot! I was looking at that one, yes its Chinese in origin. Personally i am not going to use it. My mate in fact use it old a very old samsung phone, now weather is was coincidence but his phone stopped responding, then died.

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I have installed the terminal emulator for adroid that was recommended and this emulator was granted superuser permission. But when I type in su or $pm su nothing seems to happen. I do not get the pound sign #.
Using the terminal emulator:
With the command $ pm get-install-location the return is 0 [auto]
I do not have permission to $ pm set-install-location 2 (for external sd card)

george106

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I have decided i am a chicken and not going to root my tab yet, i will try on my s3 and see how that goes. For the time being i am thinking on getting a launcher. Does any one have any suggestions and or is it worthing doing? My understanding is, depending on on which one i choose, i will gain extra options and functions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888