Why isn't my Default app manager working?

lartomar2002

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Default app manager not working

Hi everyone,
I am having a problem getting the default app settings to stick. I have Chrome browser set as my default browser. Everytime I click on a link in a email or in a web page I have to select which browser I want to use. I click on Chrome and select always, then I get the popup notification that I need to go to the default settings and clear. I have done this so many times I can't count them any more. I have tried using the Default App Manager from Google play store but still have to select which browser I want to use each time. I am using custum rom IronRom 2.3.5.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Default app manager not working

Hi everyone,
I am having a problem getting the default app settings to stick. I have Chrome browser set as my default browser. Everytime I click on a link in a email or in a web page I have to select which browser I want to use. I click on Chrome and select always, then I get the popup notification that I need to go to the default settings and clear. I have done this so many times I can't count them any more. I have tried using the Default App Manager from Google play store but still have to select which browser I want to use each time. I am using custum rom IronRom 2.3.5.

This is probably a stupid question, but taking this piece from your post are you really doing this which is erasing your selection?

popup notification that I need to go to the default settings and clear

lartomar2002

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

No, I thought the same thing so I tried not clearing and that did not help. On another forum someone suggested I may have deleted something I need for the Default manager to work which may have happened when I was debloating the tablet. But, I do not think so because I usually do not do anything with the system apps.

lartomar2002

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. I have done exactly what you have suggested but I get the same results. Just incase I accidentally deleted some important system app that is needed for the Default manager to work do you or anyone know which of those sysem apps I need to look for?

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site

I guess the same annoying message all the time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781