Marshmallow 6.0 coming in April 2016 to the Tab S 10.5!

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
No news on the Tab S 10.5 still however the Tab S2 just got marshmallow about a week ago so hopefully we will get it soon. It is May now, so I guess we'll wait and see. It would help performance and battery life so it would be a nice improvement on what we already have. If anyone has any news, post it!

Posted via the Android Central App

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, here is a reply from Samsung Canada, but it's safe to assume if any of the other Samsung accounts I tweeted to answer, it'll probably be the same exact thing:

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, here is a reply from Samsung Canada, but it's safe to assume if any of the other Samsung accounts I tweeted to answer, it'll probably be the same exact thing:

So does that mean we are getting it for sure? Or should we not get our hopes up..

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
At this point, I wouldn't get your hopes up. And as I said in an earlier post:

I am on the verge of assuming that Samsung is now pulling the old Sony/Sony-Ericsson, where if you wanted the new firmware, they told you to buy the newer model(s).

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
At this point, I wouldn't get your hopes up. And as I said in an earlier post:

I am on the verge of assuming that Samsung is now pulling the old Sony/Sony-Ericsson, where if you wanted the new firmware, they told you to buy the newer model(s).

I'm starting to think the same thing unfortunately...

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I enjoyed the Tab S while I had it, but I don't regret selling it back in January and getting a Pixel C. I hope the Tab S will get MM soon for current owners, but I really wasn't about to wait since there was no real guarantee it'd get it in April or even at all.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have no issues with my tab s at this point. I buy the tablet based on the software available at purchase and not with the expectation that I will get new software in the future.

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I have no issues with my tab s at this point. I buy the tablet based on the software available at purchase and not with the expectation that I will get new software in the future.

The Tab S is their flagship line of tablets, and those of us with TS1 -- for lack of better abbreviation -- should be getting Marshmallow, we shouldn't be forced to buy the TS2 just to get Marshmallow!

Jims S5

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. Not that old. Would love it on mine as well. I just got mine and love it, changing app permissions would be great

jberb1984

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Rather or not the device can run the os has never been the issue. Its just a matter of when / if Samsung decides to invest the resources to develop it and roll it out.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nothing yet on my wife's Tab S 10.5 (T-800). Would be nice to see, but not holding my breath.

Following the thread in case anyone comes up with anything solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22