Display Resolution on Galaxy Tab S 10.5?

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello, all!
(Moderator, if I've accidentally duplicated this post, please delete; tried to post this question but it never showed up...)

I'm considering upgrading to a Galaxy tab s 10.5", as I love everything about my Tab 4 except the screen resolution.

In trying to do my research, I came across a site comparing the various Samsung tablets, and it indicates the Tab S series all have 2560x1600 resolution. Compare Samsung Tablets - Tablet PC Comparison

However, looking on eBay, I see them listed as 1920x1080... I even saw one on Amazon listed as a lower resolution.

What gives? Were there different production batches with different resolutions? Typos? How do you tell for sure - is there a way to have someone look on their tablet, or is there a website where you can put in a complete model number and know for sure?

Thanks for your help!

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
...and yet, here is a galaxy tab s2 9.7 that is 2048x1536, not 1920x1080...
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9 7 SM T815 Black Factory Unlocked Wi Fi 4G 32GB | eBay
It all kind of makes me think that there might be more than one "sub-species" for lack of a better term in each of these lines...

The Samsung website is literally NO help at all... An app I downloaded, cpu-z, can tell you the screen resolution, but there should be an easier way than installing an app - there ought to be some reliable source (hey, Samsung!) that tells you these things without a lot of hassle.

I would like to hear from others out there, too... Do any Tab S 10.5 users have anything other than 2560x1600?

Last edited:

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Same here 2560x1600. Those listed on ebay as 1920x1080 are most likely fake.

Agreed that there is a lot of fake everything on eBay. Unfortunately, for those of us that can't afford new from Best Buy or the like, we have to be willing to take some risk... I've personally done very well AND been very burned on eBay... :)

Also, upon further review of more listings, it's not the sellers themselves making the claim of 2560x1600. It's the eBay Product description (that eBay will include in your listing if you click one checkbox) that makes the statement of 1920x1080. It's confusing the people selling the items, who are going along with what eBay is saying, as I've emailed a couple of them to ask.

However, if I did buy one off eBay that actually DOES have 1920x1080 resolution, I of course now believe that would be a 100% indicator that I bought a fake.

I appreciate the help and the replies.