Simultaneous audio thru tablet & HDMI possible?

abh555

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Is there any way to get audio to continue playing through the tablet’s speakers once you plug in the HDMI connector? I have the tablet connected to a hidef TV, and the video & audio are fine on the TV, but I lose audio on the tablet. I’m looking to get audio out of both the TV and the tablet. Is this possible?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not sure but I have a feeling that the hdmi takes precedent and shunts sound to the cable once plugged in. I'd look around the various setting options and see if there's something to tweak.

abh555

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't find any settings that would enable dual audio output, but for anyone else investigating this topic, I did discover something interesting, if not particularly helpful. ;) If you set the tab up for bluetooth audio output, then plug in the HDMI connector, the audio continues playing thru the bluetooth speakers. Unfortunately, it doesn't also send the audio to the HDMI device, so you're still limited to one audio output device at a time.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't find any settings that would enable dual audio output, but for anyone else investigating this topic, I did discover something interesting, if not particularly helpful. ;) If you set the tab up for bluetooth audio output, then plug in the HDMI connector, the audio continues playing thru the bluetooth speakers. Unfortunately, it doesn't also send the audio to the HDMI device, so you're still limited to one audio output device at a time.

Something I thought about after I replied but it might be applicable to your discovery: Are there any sync issues with the audio and video? Are they fully tracking?