It's April now, where's our Marshmallows?

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Now that it is April, I'm wondering if we are gonna get 6.0/6.0.1 for the Tab S 10.5, it kinda seems like this tablet has been abandoned and/or not talked about anymore...

Samsung has been doing fairly decent on updating their devices lately. Do you guys think it's coming in the next couple of weeks?? (Fingers crossed)

Posted via the Android Central App

Brett Wier

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes and this tablet has been updated multiple times since released...

The way i understand it.....and correct me if I'm wrong, is that this update is more applicable to newer tablets with 64 bit architecture as opposed to this tablet's 32 bit.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The way i understand it.....and correct me if I'm wrong, is that this update is more applicable to newer tablets with 64 bit architecture as opposed to this tablet's 32 bit.

Sorry but you are wrong, the older S5 is getting the update and it is only 32 bit along with other older phones... This tablet is fully capable of running OS 6.0+

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Did I just see that the S2 is getting MM? I can see that would be updated first...

Yes the s2 did get updated this past week but the tab s 10.5 did come out exactly 2 years ago next month... So if 6.0 isnt here by the end of july, i dont think we'll get it. So lets hope we get something. (there is usually only a two-year lifespan on any Android device with updates)

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Apple and Windows regularly update their products. I've never been notified of an android OS update. They have my email and send me junk mail about new products.