Charging issues with multiple tab s's

radvlik

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I work for a school district where we have around 500 tab s's. They will be over a year old by the end of the school year (middle of June, so out of warranty). We are getting this error message when charging : 'The connected charger will take longer to charge. To charge faster, use the original charger and cable that were provided with this tablet.'

We are using the original charger as well as trying other chargers with the same result. If the battery is low, charging overnight won't bring it up to 100%. Do you think it is a battery issue, or possibly an issue with the port on the tablet? I'd say we have 20ish doing this. Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, I have one and haven't had issues with the original or any charger, really. That message should pop up in two cases:
1) Cable is damaged or too long, so power gets lost in the process.
2) You connect the tablet to a 500mAH charger or USB port, which is the standard in most PCs, but it doesn't have enough power output to charge these devices rapidly or keep them 'juiced' while in use.

If you've tried different chargers, have you tried different cables? If so, it could be, unfortunately, a problem with either the port or the battery, no way of telling until you open one up and get it checked. Most likely it'd be the port, but if you have issues charging the battery to 100%, then it could be the battery instead.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
'The connected charger will take longer to charge. To charge faster, use the original charger and cable that were provided with this tablet.'

We are using the original charger as well as trying other chargers with the same result. If the battery is low, charging overnight won't bring it up to 100%. Do you think it is a battery issue, or possibly an issue with the port on the tablet? I'd say we have 20ish doing this. Thanks.

You should use this tool to verify the working status of charger and USB cable.With more than 500 tablets, you should have at least 5 to 10 this USB testers and buy from US sellers for faster shipping.
USB Charger Doctor Voltage Current Meter Mobile Battery Tester Power Detector HK | eBay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...36?hash=item35d679e52c%3Ag%3AZQsAAMXQCZ1TczS3
Original charger should be at 5 Volts, 2 Amps output which you can see on the side of any charger.
When charging, you should have a reading of at least 5 Volts, 1.5 Amps

normal.jpg

When using OEM charger, the message : "The connected charger will take longer to charge ", most likely you're using 1 Amp USB charging cable or the under 2 Amp cable, or bad USB cable, or bad USB charging port.
I bought a third party USB cable , it draws only 1.2 Amps instead of 1.7 Amps, Samsung tablet will pop up this message which will confuse a lot of people and make them think the charger is bad. Either wrong charger or cable, you will see the same message. 'The connected charger will take longer to charge. To charge faster, use the original charger and cable that were provided with this tablet.'

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary