Alternative to Galaxy Tab S 10.5

prtsbyaj

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Since Samsung seems to have abandoned the Tab S, does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement? I have a Tab S 10.5 with a Samsung Keyboard and a Samsung Mouse. The combination works great. I use this to do all my routine work - email, internet search, remotely connect to half a dozen windows machines for monitoring, monitor security cameras and general purpose machine. I do not watch movies or play games. If I want to watch a movie, I want it across the room on a large screen. Any suggestions for a similar device would be appreciated. I am looking for a replacement due to the fact that any such device is due for replacement in 2 or 3 years at most. Other devices from Samsung are not landscape and do not have a dedicated keyboard. I have half a dozen Samsung devices - tablets and phones. I like them but if they don't make what I want - what choice do I have? tks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a certain budget? How about the Pixel C?

Also, you might also want to consider a Chromebook like the ASUS Chromebook Flip or the Acer Chromebook R11. These Chromebooks will soon be able to run most Android apps, and are designed to convert from a conventional laptop to a tablet (by folding the keyboard back). If you're doing mostly web-based activities, I find Chromebooks to be faster and more satisfying than an Android tablet (primarily because Chrome on a Chromebook runs so much faster than mobile Chrome, even on high end Android devices).

dksohum787

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
DON'T LOOSE HOPE. Tab s just got marshmallow update in Germany. It will be available to rest of the world soon. I love tab s and it has one of the best screen in the market